1969 Steel Tanker question cables

Started by t20sl, October 09, 2004, 01:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t20sl

How did the front brake cable route down the right fork leg? Was there a cable clamp somewhere on the fork leg?  If so does anyone have one?  Thanks again, Ted Atkinson

Kip Kern

Ted

It went out along the fork leg and was held by a Gray old fashioned strap with a pin as a keeper.  (Kind of an old fashioned tie wrap)  Some of the straps were even black plastic with the pin through it.  I got a lot of mine from inventories, EBAY, and stripping other bikes.  I am hopefully having some made as I have a friend who made the mold for them but I have not heard from him in awhile.  He is slow but sure!  You can see these straps in several of the original photos in the old magazines.

t20sl

Kip:  If you ever get the repos let me know I will buy one.  Any close up photos of one?  I do not remember those at all. Also did the black chain guide blocks ever get re-maned.  Mine looks fine on the bike but it is cracked and would like to replace it.  Thanks, Ted

Kip Kern

Ted  I sent the original black "Penton" chain block to the same guy who is doing the gray straps.  Just waiting on info for the mold.  I'll check things out!;)