Bigger Than Life

Started by tmc3c, July 18, 2004, 09:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

I rented a car,got a hotel and drove 9 hours solo one way to Mid-Ohio and did not see one race while there but let me say that it was worth every dime and minute spent!!!!!!! I was fortunate to play golf with Doug Wilford , Kip Kern and his son Kaleb and this in itself was worth the trip alone but it got better. I got to meet all of the poggers and they are bigger than life. I got to be at a POG meeting and got to sit down and talk to the man himself JOHN PENTON and bore him with my pictures of times gone by. I got to eat a piece of Jack's 50th birthday cake and to shake his hand! This also made it worth every dime and minute spent! But there's more!! I got to meet my friends Ron Carbaugh and Rod Gorzny and Bobby Manucy and all of the MANY other new friends I made while there. John Penton said in one of his talks that WE ARE FAMILY ! WORDS WELL SPOKEN !!! and WORDS TAKEN TO HEART !!! THANK YOU ALL FOR A GREAT WEEKEND !!ONE I WILL NEVER FORGET!!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

DKWRACER

Great post!!! Golf is a humbling experience, God I wished I was there, you were, it couldn't have happened to more deserving... (plurally) On to Tulsa!!!
Thomas Brosius

Kip Kern

Thomas

It was great to meet you too and also play some golf together (and lose some balls)  looking forward in spending some more time together next year, maybe we can get some more folks out on the course and have some laughs.  I still can't believe I had to jump over my own mid air ball after it hit that tree dead center!  

Wow was Mid Ohio great again this year.  Thanks to the POG and its staff for such a great event.:D

swamp fox

What an unbelievable event!  Being able to put faces and voices to the names of some wonderful people has really been something to remember. As Thomas said, it is a FAMILY. Everyone was so approachable and receptive, that it will always be remembered as a special time. I missed a couple of you bouncing around, interrupting some and not others, but just being in the presence of such a great group has made it worth the trip. Thanks for a great weekend, and I look forward to another one.:D[:p]

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)