Too Much

Started by wfopete, July 21, 2004, 11:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wfopete

I don't know how many other POGers are eyeballing this sweet 175, but is $2500 [:0] a little out of line for this example of a '73 Jackpiner? Can equal examples be found without to much searching for lesser $

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2484980817&category=6711

Thanks, Pete.

'01 KTM EXC 520, '74 YZ 250, '86 Honda XR 250, '71 Hodaka 100, '74 SUZUKI TM 400
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

maicobuddy

Hi Pete,
I'm not a Penton expert..but it been my experience that any bike that looks & runs as good as this looks is worth $2500.00..you can have alot more than that in one very easy..I know that for a fact..Good Luck..maicobuddy[8D]

tmc3c

What is key here is that it is ORIGINAL !! And real nice bike also !

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

maicobuddy

Hi Thomas,
Man I looked for you when I wasn't throwing up!!! Did meet acouple of the guys..You're right on the original part..I bought a Nice '82 Husky 250CR at Mid-Ohio and what really caught my eye was it being an original..I've seen some nicer but they were redone..Buddy:D

swamp fox

wfopete,
Congratulations on aquiring the bike! Looks like you'll fit right in at the next Reunion Ride. Hope you are keeping safe in Iraq, and hope for your safe return along with all the others over there. God speed.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

Mike OReilly

And you thought $2500 was a lot of money! As often happens, the serious last minute bidding took it up to over $3500. The market seems to go in cycles, and 'Piners sem to be really hot at the moment. Another nice example brought $3200 a couple of weeks ago. Guess I will have to get mine listed.
Mike

wfopete

Yes, gentlemen I now truly feel that I have arrived as a POG member. However, that membership initiation process can be a little intimidating (read pricey). That being said, can someone please tell me anything about these '73 JP's? [:p]

Signed,
Clueless in Iraq.

'01 KTM EXC 520, '74 YZ 250, '86 Honda XR 250, '71 Hodaka 100, '74 SUZUKI TM 400, '73 Penton Jackpine
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

rd400pi

wfopete,
  Since I only drooled over Pentons "back in the day", I'll share my method of edu-macation.  First thing I do is scrounge as many magazine tests of the bike as possible.  I also order the parts list and owners manual from Al "I got no stinkin' computer" Buehner.  I am frequently on the road with my job so, that is a good time to readup on that stuff.  Another good thing is to try and have some digital pics sent so that you can study some of the details of your bike.  I don't know the extent of your email ability in the sandbox so, some of this might not be do-able.  If you would like to supply a snail-mail address offline, I'm sure there are Poggers that would be happy t mail you a photocopy of 'piner tests they may have.  That will probably save you a couple of Dinar.  Keep your head down and let us know when you think you'll get back to the world.

Mike Husted

maicobuddy

Hey Wfopete,
Are you in the Army? Marines? Private Contractor? My CRAZY(you'll see why) Brother-in-law got back from Iraq the first of December..well he had enough..to many fire fights and retires with 20yrs in..then took a month off to relax..then my sister calls me last month..he's going to Kuwait for six months to train troops..I said is he CRAZY(now you know)..anyway I told him to be safe and the same goes for all of you guys & gals over there from an old doggy..maicobuddy:D

vmx1963

Quotequote:Originally posted by rd400pi

I also order the parts list and owners manual from Al "I got no stinkin' computer" Buehner.  

LOL!!!  :D

Yeah, I reckon the POG should buy Al a computer, get him on the Internet and edu-macate his Luddite ways.  Still, I quite like asking him what's the weather like in Cleveland when I ring.

VMX1963
Western Australia
VMX KTM

vmx1963

Ya know, whenever I think my Jackpiner resto project is getting pricey, I just look at the prices of new KTMs.  Makes me feel much better knowing I'm getting a rare, classic bike that I'd have rebuilt myself for around half the price of a new one that looks like all the other new MXers of today.  

It's all relative.

VMX1963
Western Australia
VMX KTM