5A cases

Started by Lew Mayer, July 29, 2004, 07:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lew Mayer

Are Sachs cases a match set or can you replace one half? I've got a crack in a 5A case at the drain plug hole. Looking for at least one half.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Rocket

Lew
I believe they are a matched set.
Rocket

Lew Mayer

Thanks Rocket
I guess I need two halves.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Larry Perkins

Lew

I got an NOS set at Mid-Ohio and I may have a used set with the used parts I got from Illinois.  E-mail me if interested.

Larry

firstturn

Lew,
  Is that the engine I sold you????  If it is, I wasn't aware of the problem. I will be happy to return your money.  Also you may just want to repair it, and they are matched sets.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Lew Mayer

Ron,
I wouldn't expect you to have known about it. Thanks for the offer but our deal was good.
Larry,
no offense meant but I never heard back about the ignition parts I needed.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Larry Perkins

Lew,

No offense taken even though jabs always seem to come after someone says No Offense BUT...  

You did not hear back because I sold all those parts to Donny and did not wish to get in the middle.  I was also not totally well at the moment.

Here I was just trying to let you know what I had at this moment because you were sounding like you needed cases and I had some.  Sounds like you don't need them.  

firstturn

Lew,
  Thanks for the phone call today.  I appreciate your kindness in wanting to keep the engine, but as I told you I will be happy to return your money or repair the cases(I think double bubble is the brand of gum that works best[:o)])  Seriously, your call enlightened me, as if I just got in the motorcycle business yesterday, I need to examine these gems closer.[B)]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh