Wanted: 1972 Penton 125cc

Started by ksjack, August 03, 2004, 08:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksjack

Any restorable or restored early 70s Pentons out there for sale??

Rocket

I have a 72 that I have not started on yet, it does run.  I am in Illinois, where are you?
Rocket

crash carden

Hello Rocket,in case this guy is not interested in your 125 Penton I  thought I might ask how much you are asking for it. I live in Indiana so it would be an easy pick up for me. I am wanting to fix up a 125 to race. Thanks for any help,Crash Carden.:D Email: [email protected]

firstturn

Crash,
  Off the subject, but it was nice meeting you at Mid-Ohio.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

crash carden

Hello Ron, yea it was great to meet you as well. Mid ohio was a blast. Did you buy any bikes at the big show? I messed up and missed out on a 76 Penton 400,should of bought it the first time I saw it.It needed a lot of work so I diden't jump on it. Of course when I went back it was sold. So I am still looking for a 76 or 77 GS 400. I am looking for 72 or 73 Berkshire as well as a 72/73 125 sixday. You see I have this problem I am always looking for Pentons!;)Hope to see you again sometime Ron, take care. Crash Carden. PS: Save a horse ride a Penton! HE! HE!

firstturn

Crash,
  I like the horse saving philosophy I guess thats why I never passed my Cowboy test, Too much Penton.  I was fortunite to purchase a 1968 Berkshire Enduro at Mid Ohio.  I know the 400 you are talking about.  I have passed on bikes before just to go back and they were sold.  That is why I went ahead and paid the price on the '68 even though the guy had just got there.  I noticed the bike VMX1963 pointed out.  If I run across any Bershires I will let you know.........I love the Bershire 100s.
  Keep in touch.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

ksjack

Quotequote:Originally posted by Rocket

I have a 72 that I have not started on yet, it does run.  I am in Illinois, where are you?
Rocket
I am in Wichita Ks. Have any digital photos you can email me, price, etc?

Paul Danik

Ron,

You say you love those Berkshire 100s, some of those Berkshire 125s are pretty neat also!!  :D

Paul from Mars!

firstturn

Paul(the Great),
  I confered with the Master (Doug Wilford) and he expained to me you were talking about Texas Berkshires.  I am at a total loss.  Let me go get the (Texas MX) playbook out of the Unofficial Penton Central safe (I have to do this after dark) and I will respond to the best of my ability.  I may have to call Mr.Fast (Jake Fischer) to help with the response.  I know Jake always ran stock bikes(especially his Pennsylvania Greeves).[:p]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

Paul,
  One other thing.  Is it raining in Marrs today?  You sure know how to pick on old racers who are down on their luck.  I'm waiting for it to get dark, you know it does that every evening.  Oh well I am really entertained by those electric lights......Magic.[8)]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Paul Danik

Ron,

Triumph had the "Cub" and the "Mountain Cub", nothing wrong with a "Mountain Berkshire". :D Might have to get after Randy to make some decals.

Rain in Mars, only on days ending in y. Gotta get moving so as I can make the meeting tonight.

Paul

firstturn

Paul,
  I opened up the Unofficial Penton Central Safe last night (after dark) and looked through the AMA rule book for the appropriate year for my Berkshire 1xx.  It states in the rules that a legal engine will have 20% additional bore due to normal engine maintenence(boring etc.,) and don't worry, after some discussion, Mr.Youngblood mad it clear to me back then that normal maintence, in his opinion, didn't include changing the stroke[:p].  It seemed that AMA didn't think that a different stroke was normal maintence[B)]).  Now I don't know what you meant by Berkshire 125, but just to keep the record strait it might be closer to a Berkshire 120.
  On to the subject of the Cub and Mountain Berkshire I did notice that the number someone (you?) had assigned to me at the last Reunion Ride was 152.  I think that someone is out to tarnish my reputation.
  Of course since I am a down on the luck old racer, I would hope if I'm going to be protested that I would be given notice so I could bring the proper Penton Factory Tools for tear down.  No too much to ask of a old racer, RIGHT?
  You might be interested to know, to keep the record strait, that I have already talked to Randall about some new black Berkshire stickers.  Something to do about Black Bart........man I don't know.
Respectfully,

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh