Trials Handlebars Needed

Started by DKWRACER, November 23, 2004, 06:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKWRACER

I am in need of a set of vintage HB's, something with 4 to 5in rise, maybe Sherpa, TY, KT or what have you.
Would be willing to trade fiberglass or something interesting..
[email protected]
Thanks.....
Thomas Brosius

Lew Mayer

Good luck,Tom. Vintage high rise trials bars are scarce as hen's teeth. 6in Renthals work OK but don't look Period correct with the crossbar. I'll keep my eyes peeled for some at swap meets for you,though. You want chrome or aluminum? Are you willing to rechrome if I find any funky ones?

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

john durrill

Lew , Tom ,
 Look at Speed and Sport . the web page says Sammy Miller Trials bars for sale.

http://www.speedandsport.com/flyer.html#acc
JOhn D.

Lew Mayer

Thanks,John,I've seen them advertised before. It seems a 6in rise nowadays isn't measured the same as in the old days, though.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Dennis D

I have a set of bars that are that tall and are 34 1/2 inches wide. They are black aluminum but look like they would polish out to the natural finish. They were on my rider Piner when I bought it. If this sounds like what you are looking for e-mail me at [email protected] and put bars in the subject line and we will get together on them. No cross bar on these either. Dennis D

Dennis Jones

Lew is right Tom, good vintage trials bars are impossible to find.The Renthals were not too bad if you took crossbar off but now they put a funky finish on them that does not look vintage. Most of the other bars are to wide at the bottom before sweeping up. Keep us posted if you find something right.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

cardojr

tom-i use the sammy millers from speed and sport on my cotton trials. they work heap good-i can send you a pic with measurements if you like.
thanks-rob
[email protected]