Steel Tanker tail light

Started by Mark Annan, June 30, 2001, 09:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Annan

OK guys I know this is a hard to come by item but it is all I lack for my '70 Sixday.  I would like to buy or trade for one.  I have a couple of items that I think would be of interest.  I have a NOS speedometer bracket for the same bike.  I have a ZKW headlight assembly.  (the one with the number plate bracket).  No I don't have the numberplate.  I do have the mounting ears for 35mm forks.  2 of these just sold for crazy prices on ebay ($280 & $ 410)!!   I also have a NOS tail light for a steel tanker.  I am looking for a good used tail light and bracket or just a the bracket.  Anyone out there have what I need?   Thanks,  Mark

Kip Kern

Mark, Check "CEV" on EBAY, I just saw a brand new one go for under $50.

Kip Kern

Mark  I fell over when I saw the prices on the headlights that sold on EBAY.  Al Buehner has/had a ton of em NOS.

Mark Annan

Kip,  I think they were bid up from guys that are new to the vintage Penton game and they didn't know any better.  Then again they also included the front number plate and those ( NOS or in great condition) are rather rare.  The one that went for $410 also had the wire lens protector and came in the original box.  That makes them much more desirable.  I fear we are seeing the beginning of the price escalation of our beloved Pentons and their parts due to collectors with plenty of discretionary income.  It was bound to happen some time.  The bikes are still much less expensive than doing cars.

Did you get that tail light bracket that was on ebay a month or so ago?  I saw it but had computer trouble and could not bid before the auction closed.  Want to trade for a speedo bracket?

Mark

Kip Kern

I didn't get the taillight bracket as I don't restore enduro models.  Too much wiring and too much hassle.  I did talk to the guy who had it and told him what it was for, i.e. Penton/Husqvarna.  It was a nice one!  There are CEV brackets out there for Ducati's that are the exact same, I see one every now and then!