sachs 125 b engines available

Started by bildough, August 24, 2004, 03:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bildough

I dont know what interest some of you guys might have but a friend of mine living in Germany has told me that he can buy the 125 b engines that are in good shape for about $500. I dont know if that is a good price or not but they are available over there. Any input would be appreciated.

bill cappel
1972 6 day
1974 JP
1974 mettco replica
1977 berkie

firstturn

Bill,
  Are you just speaking of used 6B engines or reconditioned engines?  Thanks for your time and keep us updated on your Monark or email me a picture.
[email protected]

Thanks,

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

bildough

Ron
i will send you the pictures of the GS pro separately. It is gorgeous. cant wait to put it next to the Mettco. Red on blue. The engines are all reconditioned BUT i dont know what a german cosiders reconditioned. Pictures dont always tell you much. They say they are reconditioned, shift well and have all the levers. But lets face it; if its not what I expected what is my recourse. Ship it back to Germany. I dont know what they are worth and what the market bares. Hence my posting instead of hording. Any help on what an engine would cost would sure be appreciated.

bill cappel

ehletra

well I have a whole bike with a 125 6b engine that is in good shape that needs little work. and its only at 350 dollers now and I could take the engine out and ship it to any of you at your cost. or you can by the bike and have extra parts. Its under Penton Six day
Travis [^]

atk114

Bill,

Keith Larson here. I'm in the process of re-storing a 1974 Monark 125 GS. I too would love to see pictures of your 125 Monark, and your 125 mettco replica, as I'm looking to do the same. If possible, can you e-mail them to this address:

[email protected]

It would be great to see them. Thanks in advance.

Keith R. Larson
Keith R. Larson

deek

If you need a rebuild, send it th the "Sultan of Sachs" (Doug Wilford), the master rebuilder!!

Dale

bildough

Deek its not that I need a rebuild. I dont. My post was to find out what the cost of a rebuilt engine should be. I am really curious if anyone could answer what you would pay for a rebuilt 125 sachs B engine. I hope someone will respond what the cost is for a rebuilt engine.

OUCWBOY

Bill,
I have never purchased a rebuilt engine from anyone, but I know that it costs about a grand to build one right. By the time you get all the right parts and all the machine work needed, painted and put together, you're looking at almost a $1000.00. I was told about a year ago, you could buy lots of rebuilt Sachs engines in Germany. I tried and wasn't happy with the total costs involved. By the time all was said and done, it would have been almost the same to have the master do one right for you.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

bildough

thank you Donny, thats what Iwas looking for.