Green Penton Motorcycle "STANDS".

Started by Stand Man, September 09, 2004, 07:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stand Man

Hi, Just wanted to say "THANK YOU" for the positive response I've received from this website about my Penton motorcycle stands. And a very special thanks to 'Tom Benolkin' and 'Ron Carbaugh' for helping me out and allowing me to speak here about my stands. Let me please start off by saying, my name is Mark Barnett, but I was never a great motorcycle racer; (I'll leave that to the experts). I'm just a "welder" with the same name and love for the same sport of motocross or VMX. I'm not too good on a bike but I've been welding for over 24 years. I build custom made motorcycle stands for just about any kind of motorcycles. Including vintage Penton dirt bikes and all other forms of motorcycles using a (down-pipe) exhaust system. My stands are fully adjustable to fit any size bike. You can log onto my website to see photos of my green Penton stands. //www.pyramid-cycle-stands.com. These stands can be powder coated in many different colors. Right now, as of this date: Sept 9th, 2004, I have three new Penton stands that will be going to the powder coater on Monday the 12th. Two stands will be coated (Penton green) and one will be coated (silver). Powder coating is much better than spray painting, it makes these stands look great. After they come back from coating, I add Penton (stickers) & graphics to the stand. These are (old school) designed stands, just like they used back in the 1970's. A perfect match for your Penton motorcycle. These stands are top of the line quality. The price is $69.99 plus $12 for S/H. I have room for a few more stands to be powder coated in the same (green) or (silver) colors. The cut-off date to put in your new order will be this Sunday night, Sept 12th. After that, you'll have to wait 2 more weeks. So, if anyone is interested, please contact me before before that time. Thank you.

//www.pyramid-cycle-stands.com
281-334-4609

Mark Barnett
Mark Barnett

firstturn

Mark,
  Thanks for the great stand.  I will use it a small Penton Display (I hope it doesn't rain) at the Pro-Am race coming up in Houston at the Famous (from the 70's to date) Rio Bravo International MX Track.  I appreciate the fact that they add the final touch to a great motorcycle.  What the heck, I enjoy telling everyone that ask, that Mark Barnett to built it for me.[8D]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Stand Man

Yeah, that's funny. This one guy in our vintage club who beat me in a race used to go around telling his buds he beat Mark Barnett. It is kind of funny, but "The real Bomber" probably doesn't think so. Yeah, Rio Bravo is a great (old school) kind of track. It really hasn't changed very much in the last 30 years. Still has the same basic layout with fairly small jumps that are vintage friendly. I ride there at least once a week. It's my favorite track. The Texas Pro-Am vintage race on Oct 3rd should be great. The following (Top Riders) will probably be there: Tom Benolkin, Brad Lackey, Jim Pomeroy & brother Ron, Marty Smith, Billy Grossi, and many more. Maybe even Gary Jones & Team Europe too. Log on to //www.evovintage.com for more info. Thanks Ron.

Mark Barnett
Mark Barnett

Stand Man

Just wanted to leave an update to some new bike "STANDS" I now have on E-bay; each is different. I have one (silver) fully adjustable stand that is designed to work with all (down-pipe) exhaust vintage dirt bikes. It has a HONDA sticker on the handle, it would be a perfect match for all 1970's silver Elsinores or MR, SL, XL, and others, item #2489753776, only one bidder at just $39.99, retails for $69.99. I also have the same kind of stand in (black) but it's designed to work with a shorter bike, like a Flat Track racing bike or other low profile motorcycles. It has no bidders, starting bid is $49.99, also retails for $69.99 with a (buy it now) option, item #2489543652. No reserve prices on any of these stands. The last stand is (red) and designed for a Maico 490. Will fits all EVO bikes from around 1980 and up, also fits taller dirt bike from the 1990's to 2004. Only one bidder at just $39.99, retails for $69.99, item #2489670687. Please send these auction numbers to a friend who might own one of these bikes, or you can always just remove the stickers or ask me if I have your bike's name. I'll be putting some (green) Penton stands on E-bay in two weeks. Each one will start off at only $39.99 each and they'll run for 10 days. Let me know if you want to see some other colors too. My powder coater can do any color for Penton bikes. So, let me know if you'd like to see some red, orange, blue, or any other color. These stands retail for $69.99 each, so they're priced right at only $39.99. I build custom stands to match the theme of any bike, you tell me which color and what bike name you want on it. I mostly do vintage MX and EVO bikes, but also Flat Track and Drag Bikes too. Let me know if I can build you a stand. Thanks.

Mark Barnett
Mark Barnett

namgar

I have three of Marks stands, I think they are great.  I have one for my Penton, one for my Rickman and one for my Suzuki.

Thanks for the great stands Mark!

Will Gahrmann

William R Gahrmann
William R Gahrmann

Stand Man

Thanks Will. I appreciate your business. I've only been building these bike stands since Feb 2003, even though I've been welding for over 24 years. Friendly people from websites like this have allowed me to advetise my service here and I'm more than happy to build anyone a custom made motorcycle stand for their bike. So far, I've sold over 300 stands and everyday things keep getting a little bit better. I'll post a "Heads-Up" whenever I put some new stands on E-bay at wholesale prices. So, that way you guys will know when a good deal is about to happen. I'm also offering free shipping to anyone that has been effected by the past Hurricanes we've had this summer. That's anyone in Florida, Alabama, or other near by states. Thanks again. Take care Will, stay dry. :)

Mark Barnett
Mark Barnett

firstturn

Mark,
  Thanks for the heads up on your ebay specials.  I am going to be needing a stand for my Penton Flat Tracker that has a down pipe.  I will try to make my mind up on the color and I will get back with you.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Stand Man

Here's some info on my Flat Track stands. They are also fully adjustable but they are (shorter) and a little (wider) than my Vintage-Evo MX stands. Here's a break down on their adjustabilty; Most of my taller Penton stands are deigned for vintage Penton dirt bikes from around the late 1960's to the last year model made. These stands are called my Vintage-Evo MX stands. They will adjust from 5-1/2 inches wide to 9 inches wide. However, I have found that most Penton dirt bikes have fairly wide frames, so I've added one inch in the width. So, now all of my Penton stands will adjust in (width) from 6-1/2 inches wide to 10 inches wide. The (height) will adjust from 10-1/2 inches tall to 17-1/2 inches tall. So, this makes these stands not only good for vintage Penton bikes but also for newer EVO Pentons too. If there were other Penton motorcycles that had narrow frames, please let me know, so I can keep a record of it. I do not want to offer the wrong size stand to anyone. It's imporant that I learn as much as possible about Penton frames. However, I do think the adjustments listed above should fall inline with most Penton motorcycles. My Flat Track stand is completely different. It will only adjust in (height) from 9 inches tall to 14 inches tall. The width will adjust the same; from 6-1/2 to 10 inches wide. I can also change these measurements to adjust taller or shorter, or more narrow or wider. But it's imporant to let me know beforehand, so I can make the changes. It's kind of funny but there's a lot of motorcycle companies that never followed or copied anyone else when it came to building bike frames. I've found many dirfferent bikes have extremely different concepts in frame designs, some are very narrow and some are super wide. It's really crazy. It's kind of tough to build an adjustable stand that will fit every bike; it just can't be done. That's because Husqvarnas have very narrow frames and late model Bultacos have very wide frames. I can't make one stand to fit both of them, it's either one or the other. Now, most bikes will be very close, like around 7 inches wide (center tube) to (center tube). This makes it a lot easier for one stand to fit many different brands. That's why it is (very imporant) for anyone who's been thinking about buying one of my adjustable stands to go measure your bike's frame first, then double check your measurements with what I listed above. It's better to be safe than sorry. I also sell (unpainted) stands for just $39.99. Click here for more details. //www.pyramid-cycle-stands.com

Mark Barnett
Mark Barnett

Stand Man

Here's something else that I forgot to mention. I'm not 100% sure of this but so far I've not found a Penton motorcycle that uses a (down-pipe) exhaust system. Maybe there were a few made? but so far I have not seen one. As long as your Penton, (or other bike) is using an up-pipe exhaust, you'd probably be better off looking at my Evolution stand. This is a (fixed body) stand with no moving parts, it is welded together solid, even the handle is welded on. Unlike my adjustable stand, the Evolution stand has a long crossbar with a large rubber pad attached to it. Your bike sits on top of this padded crossbar. It is designed for all (up-pipe) exhaust bikes only. I built one of these for Tom Benolkin's 1972 Penton 125. His stand was built 13 inches tall. Ron Carbaugh also owns one exactly like it. Both are green and have Penton graphics on them. These stands are (custom made) to fit your bike only. Tell me how tall and how wide to built it. Let me know which color you want it to be powder coated in. I have over 100 different bike name (stickers) in stock. These graphics go on the handle and make the stand match the theme of your bike. These are (old school) designed stands, just like they used back in the day. Well, that's about everything to know on these stands. I'll give another heads-up whenever I put some more on E-bay at wholesale prices. Thanks !!! :D

Mark Barnett
Mark Barnett