A milestone

Started by vmx1963, September 12, 2004, 08:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmx1963

This afternoon, I very excitedly called my wife into the shed and proudly pointed to my Jackpiner frame now sitting on a milkcrate.  "Lookit that, it's starting!" says I.  "Humph" says she.  Well, I suppose it does need some more things bolted to it before it starts to look like something a non-Penton nut would get excited about.  

The engine is rebuilt, wheels relaced and all the bits back from the electroplater.  Give me a few more months...

VMX1963
Western Australia
//www.vmxktm.net

alandspeed

Cool!  Hard to explain the feeling to others (wife), but when you've been down this road, even this frame picture can get you going!  Thanks

Paul Danik

VMX

Thanks for the update on your project,  please keep the pictures coming.  That appears to be an early Piner, while they are easy to read could you post the serial numbers of the frame and engine for Bill Smith to record, if you haven't already done so. Every serial number that we can add to the list helps to complete the production puzzle.

I am sure that you already are aware of this, but it is important to clean away the paint to bare metal before mounting the moto-plat coil, the ground is very important. I usually run a ground strap from the coil to the frame just to be sure, it looks like you have an extra hole on the coil mount already that could be used.

Paul

Rain Man

You got the hard parts already done!! The engines rebuilt, the wheels are laced, the frames all shiny and new, and those sometimes irritable steering crown ball bearings are in place!!  Nows the easy part, bolting the rest of the parts back on. You'll be back in the mud soon!!

Raymond
keep right, stay in control (sometimes)
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

vmx1963

Fortunately the wife and kids were out of the house yesterday so I was able to "swear in" the engine.  I find that engines and exhaust pipes require a fair amount of cursing to get them in place :D

VMX1963
Western Australia
//www.vmxktm.net

vmx1963

I've put some more 'in progress' pics up here:

http://www.vmxktm.net/docs/72Jackpiner.html

VMX1963
Western Australia
//www.vmxktm.net