For Sale: a pair of 125's

Started by Dave H., October 01, 2004, 08:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave H.

I've decided to sell both my 1973 125cc Penton-Sachs motorcycles. One is stock, and the other set up as a road racer, with ferrodo brakes, RR Ciriani forks, and clipons. This bike has been on the podium several times and will consistently finish in the top 10 or better against the 250 Vintage grid, higher with the right rider. One has a 5 speed, the other is a six. Also included are
several boxes of spare parts, and a service manual. And, all the parts to return the racer back to stock configuration. I'm located in Seattle, and willing to crate the bikes. The buyer must pay for the materials and shipping charges.
Asking $3,000 for both.  
go to this link for pictures:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mcvintage/album?.dir=cc29&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Thanks for looking
Dave Hussey
Seattle, Washington
206-243-4305 H
206-662-3466 W

tomale

Dave, Nice to hear that there is another Penton rider in the seattle area. too bad you can not keep them. I am in no shape to buy your bikes but as it turns out. If some one is willing to help with the gas... I could get the bike to the reunion ride in a few weeks. I know that alot of the Penton riders are going to be there. I am sure that it would be alot cheaper than crating them. Just a thought.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
78' 400 MC5
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Dave H.

Thanks Thom :)
Do you live in Seattle too? Very cool. Thanks for the offer. If any one is interested in more info about these bikes, I would be glad to provide it. My email is [email protected]
Dave H

deek

Oh no Dave!! Sure hate to hear that, your getting rid of the Pentons.
I just bought another 1972 6 Day and a 370 Brand X. Didn't get  a chance to see your road race action this year in Spokane.

Dale

Dave H.

Hi Dale,
good to hear from you.
I only raced two events at Pacific Raceways in Seattle, and never made it out to Spokane this year. I'm finding I have too many other projects, and not enough time or money to continue to race, so the bikes are up for sale.
Dave Hussey