Moberly Motocross National

Started by Admin, October 04, 2004, 08:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Dennis Jones won the "One Cool Bike" award on Sunday at the Moberly motocross national.  Thanks to Mike Milakovic for submitting the pictures.

Larry Perkins

SCHWEET Scooter Dennis!

Larry P

firstturn

Dennis,
  I like the down pipe..........whaaat, is that my seat on that bike?  You promised me you wouldn't abuse my seat.[8D]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Dennis Jones

Ron, I tried not to sit on it. I was shocked and very proud of that award:D The rest of the story is the bike sheared a flywheel key on my second lap of practice. It was going to be real embarrassing to not make the race[8] Once again POG members came to the rescue. Teddy had a key and Dave Withrow and Kawasaki guru Gary Lingbeck helped me get it together in time to make both motos. Thanks Guys. Moberly was lot of fun and it was great to visit with all the POG members there.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Mick Milakovic

He Dennis, if you'd like me to email you this pictures I will.  I have two others very similar to these.  Just let me know.

Mick

AndyL

Mick,
What moto were you in and what class?

I managed to find Dennis and introduce myself we also ran in the same moto #9.

Andy #14u
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

Mick Milakovic

Andy, I ran +40 novice in moto 8 and Gran Prix 500 novice in moto 9, both on a silver-tanked Husky, but that was in PVMX on Saturday.  Next year I'll have my harescrambler ready and do battle in VMX [:p]

Mick

AndyL

And I hope to have my Jackpiner all done so that I can run it in +40 next year.  

Andy
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

Dennis Jones

Mick, that would be great.

Andy, did you notice everyone in our class had the same position both motos?

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Lew Mayer

Dennis,how am I going to redeem myself at Casey if you're out practicing.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

firstturn

Lew,
  I could demand that Dennis take my seat off, but I think that would only make him faster.[B)]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

AndyL

Dennis,
Yes, I did notice that the finish order stayed the same for the two moto's.

At least in the second moto, I could SEE the guy in front of me.  I considered that an improvement over the first moto and called it good.

Lots of fast guys in AHRMA.

Andy
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

Mick Milakovic

Dennis, contact me off-topic with your email, for some  reason I can't insert pictures through our member listing.

Mick

Dennis Jones

Lew, the only practice I got was trying to stay out of the way, I was so sloooow. I can however blame it on track conditions. It was smooth and wide and had perfect traction. There were no roots, rocks, logs, or creek bottoms to be found. Heck they didn't even have any less than handlebar wide trees. But worst of all they didn't penalize guys for putting their feet down[:0] Whats a trials rider to do?

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Lew Mayer

Dennis,I've seen your sloow and it ain't that slow. See ya at Casey.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer