Almost ready for ISDTRR

Started by baxtermcc, October 16, 2004, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baxtermcc

Day #1 Report.

The day got off to a two-kick start.  Dave and I rode with Andre Ming and made it to the first check at 7.9 miles on time.  The trails are VERY nicely laid out and are a blast to ride.

The real enduro part of my day began about 1/2 mile beyond the check.  After crossing a small stream I fouled my first plug of the day.  I eventually put five plugs in my bike.  After stopping the bike when warm it is flooded when I try to restart it, so it appears it may be a needle/seat.  Whatever.

The fun part of the day started when I got the bike running again.  I rode the wheels off that thing for the next 12 miles.  I didn't expect to ride it so fast, but is was blast to ride.  I never rode this bike in particular or any Penton before this morning.  It's taken me a while to find out, but John Penton, you built a heck of a bike.  Doug Wilford gets high marks too, my engine ran fantastic.

The Tulsa Trail Riders have put on a great ride so far, and I can't wait to go back out today.  The banquet was beyond description, but because of the setting and food at Zink Ranch, but mainly because of the fun with all the people there.  Larry Meirs had all the POG members raise there hands at one point, we were very well represented and I heard several non members make comments about the # of POG members there last night

Stay tuned for a day #2 report.

Bob McCullough
Cranberry Twp, PA

baxtermcc

Just thought I'd post a picture of the steel tanker's Dave and I rode this past weekend.  I had a ton of fun with Dave, and the bike's were great.

firstturn

Bob,
  Down in Texas we call it Show or Go.  Nice bikes[^].

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh