SACHS 55mm & 55.5mm pistons

Started by Marc Biro, November 01, 2004, 07:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc Biro

Can all you poggers interested in the reproduction piston kits im having made give me an idea of the quantities you are interested in? I am having the 55mm and 55.5mm oversizes made. The price per kit will be $55.00. At this time I have the option to increase the quantity or decrease it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Marc Biro

swamp fox

Marc,

I know I'll go for one, just don't know the size yet. I'll try to pull the cylinder on the spare motor and see what I'll need.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

Marc Biro

In order to have the pistons before the end of the year, I had to confirm the quantities with the manufacturer. They are as follows;
100 kits of the 55.mm
100 kits of the 55.5mm

Thanks

marc

Gavin Housh

Marc, I need one of each size. Will the kits come with wrist pin, small needle bearing, and circlips that can be removed with needle nose pliers. Also I like to change the rings three or four times between boring to the next oversize. Will you have additional ring sets available. I still think we need some 56mm pistons for folks that are on there last overbore. That's a very low price. When I needed a new piston for my 440 Maico (Wiesco remake) it cost 165.00? Granted it's a much bigger size, but still requires same amount of work to produce. G man.

Marc Biro

Gavin,

The kits come with; piston, rings, upper bearing, upper pin and 2 pin retaining circlips that would use needle nose pliers for installation/removal. If you wish, I could raise the price for you only to match the Maico price? Just kidding of course! Please understand that I build quite a few motors here on the West coast, and of late have had a tough time finding quality/any oversize pistons, so I took it upon myself to have them manufactured. I am not really out to make big money, just to fill the gaps and pay for my time invested in this project. Regarding the 56mm....Doug Wilford sent me an email stating I should be careful offering a 56mm oversize piston as he has seen some cracked liners due to the the thin wall thickness. He is D'Man, so at this time I will not. However...when we are all on 55.5mm, blow'n smoke, can be heard from a mile away and a Hodaka Ace 90 passes us on the straight, I will order them!!  

Marc

Gavin Housh

Thanks for the info Marc. I'm sure Doug would know. I do have a Penton service bulietin that has the 56mm pistons on it. That just means that they where available at one time. Weather they worked or not I don't know so I'll take Dougs word and try to stay with my smaller dia. cylinders. G man.

brokenb23

Marc,
 Put me down for one of each. Send info for payment etc.
 1--55mm
 1-- 55.5mm
Thx,
Bob Brizzee

Marc Biro

Bob,

have you down for the pistons.

Your rod kit went out yesterday.

Thanks for the order!

Marc B.

Bryson Williams

Marc I would be interested in purchasing 2 of each size Piston and one rod for a " B " model engine.  Where do I send the money?

Dirk Williams

Marc Biro

Dirk,

As soon as the pistons are in I will post it and include an address to send the funds to.

Thanks!

Marc B.