1997 KTM Jack Piner

Started by cktm0222, November 05, 2004, 08:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cktm0222

I have a 1997 KTM 200EXC LE Jack Piner.  I bought it new in 97 and it's in great cond.  I have been thinking of selling it but would like to know what it's worth.  Can anyone give me an idea of it's value?

Thanks

Chris

Rain Man

welcome to the Penton Owners Group Chris.  This question has been asked many time before, and you may find the answer in some of the past post.  Real nice rare bike 4 sure.

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

firstturn

Chris,
  The bikes have sold on ebay ranging from $2500 to $5000 for a new one.  Hope this helps.  Somewhere back on the forum someone was trying to sell #1 and no one was interested in buying it or so it seemed?  The person stated he had been offered $7000 for it but turned it down.  No opinion here just what is going on as it relates to your question.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Rain Man

Hey Chris, Theres a fella up here in the far East that knows and owns a 97 piner, William Mckinnons his name and he's listed with the members on this web page.  E mail him and I betcha you get your answer.
 PS tell him he needs to pay his dues too, there Pres :D

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

vmx1963

This must be it ...

Very nice.

VMX1963
Western Australia
//www.vmxktm.net

bkinnon

I do have a '97 Jackpiner that I bought used. It came with all of the limited edition extras. The original plastic, the pipe and bars were removed when new. It is a rider and gets used for our weekly local club rides here in Maine. It does share space in my shop with nine members of it's Penton family. I paid $3500 for it in '99 and felt that was a steal. I will never sell it, but I think the pricing on an earlier post is right on the money.
Downeast Pentons- Central Division

bkinnon

PS to Rainman... my membership in the Pine Tree Trail Riders is paid through next June, but I did have my son signed up as a member. He has gone off to school and the membership .. also in my name .. has expired.

'97 KTM Jackpiner 200LE
'00 KDX 200
'80 KDX 250
'74 Hare Scramble 250
'73 Jackpiner 175 (3)
'73 Jackpiner 175 original owner
'73 Six Day 125
I need..
any steel tank Berkshire
any fiberglass tank Berkshire
any steel tank Six Days

bkinnon

The bike pictured above isn't mine but I think since it is in Massachusetts Rainman should buy it. Before I would bid on it I would ask if it has the original documentation and trinkets that came with it. If I thought it could keep me warm during the cold winters here, I would ask the warden if I could have it.

'97 KTM Jackpiner 200LE
'00 KDX 200
'80 KDX 250
'74 Hare Scrambler
'73 Jackpiner 175 (5)
'73 Jackpiner 175 original owner
'73 Six Day
'73 Berkshire
'71 Six Day
'73 Wassell

Rain Man

Thanks Bill, those 200's are just to slow for me !! Are you heading to the Chilli chilli hare scramble this weekend?  You may have to stud up, there saying snow and in the lower 30's. I'm bringing the whole junkyard out for this one. [8D]

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons