Universal throttle cable

Started by tmc3c, November 18, 2004, 09:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

I have a "terry cable" Throttle cable and it has a brass adjustment about middle way that makes the cable longer and shorter.Is the correct way to adjust this all the way out or is there a trick that I should know about?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Mike Lenz

You will just have to play with it to see where you need it by trial and error. Thats the only way.

tmc3c

Thank You Mike !! I have been having problems with it making the bike rev to the moon !! Then I grab and it goes another way. At least I see that I have not just missed something. Thanks Again!!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

tomale

Thomas, when the cable is adjusted right there should be alittle play before the carb slide moves. you should be able to hear the slide click as it hits the stop on either end. IF it does not then you need to adjust it until you do hear them. The throttle should return back by itself and should move easily. Make sure the cable is oiled and that the throttle tube is greased. If you end up in alot of water. it should be checked to make sure that it is clean and well lubed. It will pay off. Last year in december when the whole race was under water. my throttle stuck a little but alot of guys had alot of trouble and it put them out of the race. hope this helps

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
78' 400 MC5
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

tmc3c

Thank You Thom ! The cable is new but I will heed your advice ! And Thanks Again.:)

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler