Penton steel tanker-

Started by clayman, December 04, 2004, 07:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clayman

Could someone help me identify a Penton steel tanker? [8D]The serial number is V 2123. It has a short seat and a 125/5A motor, but has a large finned head and some other 1970-ish characteristics to it, as well as a down pipe.

It will eventually be for sale after I finish my 1971 steel tanker (using the best parts from both) if anyone is looking for one. I will have extra frames and motors and some other spares to go with it and will need restoration.:)

firstturn

clayman,
  It sounds like a early 1970 model based on theserial number alone.  Check the production years at the home site to get fact on what to look for in each year.  Also remember that people made racing changes (updates) all the time.  Hope this helps.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

clayman

Ron,

Thank you for the info. I was looking at the ID plate and it says "5A". Is that possible? I was expecting the 6A, at the very least. Didn't the 5A have the small cylinder and head?

Clay

firstturn

Clayman,
  The side cover could have been changed.  You might try turning the engine and see how many gears you have.  As I stated before a lot of the engines have gone through many hands and have had parts changed out so you really never know what you hve until futher investigation.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh