Tool Bag Racks

Started by mike b. in sc, November 16, 2004, 07:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike b. in sc

I have two Penton tool bag racks that I need help identifing.  One has side struts that are approx. 10 7/8" long and the other has struts approx. 9 3/4" long.  The one with the longer struts also has three cross pieces where the bag mounts and the other has two.  The curved pieces that hose-clamp to the frame are also different.  They are further forward on the rack with the short struts.
Thanks for the help!

Mike B. in SC
Mike B. in SC

firstturn

Mike,
  Check this link and it will show you a  picture of a CMF frame rack.

http://pentonpartsusa.com/catalog.php?pagenum=22

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Dennis D

Mike, good to see you on the POG site. Someone was asking me about a toolbag rack in Tulsa. He had a 74 or 75 Penton and the frame difference at the shock mount if my feeble memory serves me correct made the difference in the length of the side arms. Dennis D

john durrill

Mike,
 One rack is for the 75 style frame with the banana  swing arm.
The rack pictured in the short cut dosent fit the newer frame right.
We had to make one up for Peters 1975 175. At the 2002 RR we saw the right one in an NOS enduro kit.
JOhn D.

mike b. in sc

Thanks for the link, Ron.  Looks like the one with the short side struts is the CMF rack.  The other one must be for a steel-tanker.

Hi Dennis, its me, XL175Man, on the POG site!  Was it Tony Price you were talking to in Tulsa?  I was supposed to bring the rack for him, but I forgot it.  I have two & when I got home I noticed they were different.  Didn't know which one to send him!  I think I know now...

Mike B. in SC
Mike B. in SC

mike b. in sc

Hi John!  Well, I guess the other one is for a 75 and not a steel-tanker.  Come to think of it, the steel tank bikes had the bag on the gas tank.

Mike B. in SC
Mike B. in SC

Dennis D

Mike, I knew it was you. How many Mike B in SC can there be? No it wasn't Tony. It was some guy in the Parc Ferm that was riding a red tank 250 I believe. Dennis D

john durrill

Mike          ,
 If its for the 75 style frame it should have a hose clamp mount in the center of the back were it would rest on the rear frame loop.
JOhn D.