How do you hold............?

Started by farmer58za, November 20, 2004, 11:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmer58za

Hi guys
I posted a query on the for sale/wanted list by mistake but here it is again: How do you hold the damper rod on a Ceriani fork fo stop it turning when you tighten the damper rod bolt? My damper rods have no slots or flats on them.
Thanks

Regards

David
'75 KTM GS175
'75 KTM GS250
'75 KTM GS400
Regards

David

pketchum

Hi David,

Sorry fellows, I just noticed I replied to David's post for technical assistance on the "For Sale" area.  David, please see my reply there.

Thanks,

Phil
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka

Paul Danik

David,
  Phil and I must drink the same water, I also posted a reply to your question on the for sale side.  What do you expect from a guy from MARS:D
Paul

Mike Lenz

I welded an ez out to the bottom of a pipe. It works good. Oh, make sure you use a straight type ez out, not the swirl design.

Rain Man

I made a tool from an 18" craftsmen screw driver. ground down the handle and the tip to fit into both ends of the fork tube, clamped the handle end of the driver into your bench vise,invert the fork tube into the driver and press down hard with your 8mm sh x 3/8 drive ratchet and whack the sucker with a 3 lbs.
  Impacts have the tendency of stripping out the head of the bolt if and when they start "bouncing".:( but they work well too
 Oh ya, the craftsmen are free if you break them with the hamma !!  Always works for me,

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons