AHRMA - MX- opener in Arizona

Started by bentrims, November 29, 2004, 09:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bentrims

Anyone starting to make plans for AHRMA MX opener? Tentative race dates are posted on the AHRMA site. The Minnesota boys are giving it some serious thought. Snow does that to us old guys !

chicagojerry

i'll be there. i went last year and it was a great track. dave boydstun does really well with it. i disassembled a elsie 250 and shipped it in seven boxes plus the frame to my sister-in-laws house in phoenix. flew down and reassembled it and raced the next day. it now resides in texas at diamond don's place and he was kind enough to take it to some of the other races for me. i've got to figure out on how to trade it off to have a penton there instead, so i can ride some c-c's too.    chicago jerry

bentrims

Jerry,

Thats a really cool story. I remember talking to you on the net before the race when you had just decided to box it all up. What a great way to escape winter.

At that race last year a Penton 6 days which I just bought off ebay was delivered to the race. I had my friend Randy from ProVue goggles race his first ever vintage race on it and hooked another guy into our sport. Diamond took my Penton home from that race too!

Randy now owns a pair of vintage 125 Yamahas because we hooked his 16 year old son on it at the Casey race.

This year my son finally gets to ride his 125 CZ which dad has been abusing waiting for him to turn 16. Ohh noo! another Benolkin putting rubber on you guys in practice. Actually he is pretty tame.

Now to go through my Penton and break up that chain of CZ's we had last year in 125 Classic. Anyone got the phone number and ship address to the Sultan?

Jerry if you ever get a chance to pick up a 6 days 125 do it. Out of the 13 bikes I have collected it is staying (actually inside my house) while the others are finding themselves on ebay.
Tom B
Mpls, MN

James

Tom are you sure..it got down to 19 degrees last night in Tucson..at my house anyway. Any chance of seeing soem heel clickers on the 125 Penton at Phoenix? James

You dont stop racing because you get old..you get old because you have children
7\\" and 4\\" travel? Hmm-that makes 11\\" Hey! I can live with that.

bentrims

James, I hope to bring the Penton down. The 125 classic class was loaded last year. Charlie hauled butt on his CZ. Ninteen degrees in Arizona...that just aint right but it sure is nice out there.

I hear Dave Coupe' is making it again so hopefully we can mix it up some. He is so smooth. What bikes/classes are you planning?
See ya there
Tom B

James

I am planning my only one now. 77 Maico for Historic 500. If I fail to score a vintage era bike-sprtsman or classic then I may ride GP as well. It has now warmed up will be about 65 today. I expect the national wil be about 70 deg. See you there, James

You dont stop racing because you get old..you get old because you have children
7\\" and 4\\" travel? Hmm-that makes 11\\" Hey! I can live with that.