John Penton Autographs

Started by Randy Lamp, December 01, 2004, 04:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Lamp

I'm new to the Penton Owners Group,member 700 and something. I was looking at some of the pictures in the photo gallery and notice where Mr.Penton autographed someones 250 Hare Scrambler on the side of the gas tank. I thought that was really nice to not only have his autograph ,but for John Penton to take the time to do it ,must have ment allot to the owner of the bike.

I started thinking how nice it would be to have him sign my Penton ,if I ever get one again that is, and that I think I would rather have him sign the front number plate or something rather than the tank itself.That way if you want to ride the thing you could remove that plate and put on a spare,so you wouldn't wreck the autograph. I hope that owner has a spare tank for his bike,if he does in fact ride it much.

So maybe the POG could repo number plates,paint them in the differnt OEM colors for the different models of bikes,have them autographed by Mr.Penton and sell them to  members for a little profit,that would go to the clubs fund and in part to Mr.Penton? They could even be supplied with your favorite number ,with the signature writen over it in a contrasting color.

With seven hundred members,I  wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't sell a few hundred of them or more.

Great group,great motorcyles.

R.Lamp

Larry Perkins

Randy

Welcome to Pentonia!

Mr. Penton never seems to tire when it comes to autographs.  I have seen him do it for what seems like hours at Mid-Ohio.  If he does tire it doesn't show.  I have never seen him turn anyone down.  If you can make it in July bring a numberplate to Mid-Ohio and at the POG tent during the weekend I am sure he will fix you up.  If you can not make it send me a numberplate and I will get him to do it and send it back to you.  Make Mid-Ohio if possible though because I have gotten many good autographs on numberplates for my collection there.  Some worthy notables besides John include Jeff Smith, Dick Mann, Brad Lackey, Mick Andrews, and Jim Pomeroy.

Rain Man

Randy, last year in October while surfing the net I punched in Penton, my long lost love of the bike kept me curious enough to look.  Low and behold, the POG website and its list of suppliers.I'd given up on finding repair parts in the early 80's.
   I joined in November and had no bike.  fast forward a year, now I have 6 Pentons, 3 of them I've been wrenching, restoring and ridng all season long.
 My original 1973 Jack Piner is almost like new again. Don't despair, save your money and you will find yourself a Jack Piner :D

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

wildman

I had Mr. Penton sign my front # plate at the sept. POG meeting, installed it on my 250 and displayed the bike at a vintage dirt bike ride. I got many comments about the signature, and I feel it helped my bike show better. Third place, up from sixth last year. And you bet, that plate came off before I ever rode the bike and the plate hangs in a place of honor in my pole barn.
P.S. Get Jack Pentons autograph too!

1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125
1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125

don howard

Randy:  I for one had Mr Penton and all the Penton,s sign my newly painted 71 steeltanker at the Reunion ride at Mass. in the Berkshires in 03. I interupted him when he was about to eat the biggest peach i have ever seen (looked delicious) to me, but i did. I was mighty glad i can tell you. I felt quite comfortable, which he made me feel like he didn,t mind at all. Also everybody else was very glad to sign it. My prize possession. Quite a guy!     Don Howard