SN# 7176260

Started by Jimisback, December 11, 2004, 09:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimisback

I just got this motorcycle. It is not running. Can anyone tell me by the SN# what I have? Like year? SN# on the engine is 7176260 . It is a 125cc, Penton, Six Day. I am just missing some bolts and other small things. It has a leather bag on the rear of it. I would like to fix it or sell it. Please email me back at [email protected]. Thank you for your time.

Jimisback

The SN# on the bike is 20957318. So it must be a 72  year??????????

Randy Kirkbride

Jimisback,
I think you have a 73 model.  Manufactured in September of 72.  New model year usually started in Sept.

Jimisback

Quotequote:Originally posted by Randy Kirkbride

Jimisback,
I think you have a 73 model.  Manufactured in September of 72.  New model year usually started in Sept.

Thank you Randy. Is it it worth doing anything with?

tmc3c

Hi Jim, All Pentons are worth doing something with due to them not being made anymore. You still can find parts and every POG member here will bend over backwards to help you on your resto. When you finish it and go to your local riding area people will walk by every other new bike just to come look at that PENTON . :D

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Randy Kirkbride

Jimisback,
I have to agree with Thomas.  I've redone some bikes that really looked bad when I started on them. Sometimes you wonder 'why'. But when you get one finished & it really looks great, then you know 'why'.  Good luck.

Rain Man

"far and away the best prize life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing"
 Theodore Rooservelt

yes, Jimisback its well worth doing !!  Why buy a new bike, when you haven't worn out you old one... yet [8D]

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons