PENTON VERSATILITY

Started by Larry Perkins, June 16, 2001, 09:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Perkins

In 74 and 75 I raced a Mint 400 all over  Texas and New Mexico.  I won motocross races, grand prix races, enduros, and even the trailbike class at a trials event with this bike.  The main reason was that the multi-shock position Pentons were some of the most versatile bikes ever made as were Pentons in general.  They were an all-around bike.  Because of vintage racing this remains true today.  Right now in the AHRMA Post-Vintage motocross and cross country National standings I am leading in the 250 Intermediate class with the same bike.  Granted there are not large turnouts for the Post-Vintage races and I am not trying to blow my own horn.  It just shows that Pentons are still very versatile machines and very potent.  In Vintage and Post-Vintage AHRMA racing there are 7 or 8 Penton riders currently leading the National standings.  So knowing this let's get more of them out to the races so they can dominate again.  This holds especially true for cross country.  I will paraphrase Larry Wall's saying with this-Race `em.  Don't just re-face `em.