1973 Penton 250

Started by herman, December 05, 2004, 07:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herman

I am sure most of us have seen that 250 on ebay at least four times that i know of.First what is not on it or wrong  for the year? And why isnt it been sold? Look forward from some of you guys that now that year or that bike.

Herm
Herm

vmx1963

Funny, I was just wondering the same thing.  A 1973 250 with 'gearshift through clutch cover at some stage' is how I've seen it advertised many times.

VMX1963
Western Australia
//www.vmxktm.net

Rocket

I've looked at the bike in person, and the picture looks better than the bike.  I thought the bike sold the last time it was on, must have had problem with payment.
Rocket

Dave Withrow

I'm pretty sure Mike Lenz knows the history of this bike.  From what I understand, the guy won't let it go for less than 2 grand.  Rod's right about the bike when looking up close.   GO PENTON!

Dave Withrow
Chanute Base football champ '90

chicagojerry

being the ebay addict that i am, i noticed that he should have sold it the last time and that his reserve was met by a real bidder. and then at the last second some scumbag scam artist threw a high bid on it along with other phony bids and promptly got kicked off ebay. thats not to say that it may look better in the picture than up close and personal. chicago jerry

herman

Does that pipe look right where the end is? and what about the rims should they have shoulders?Yes i remember it being sold before too. Herm

Herm
Herm

firstturn

Herm,
  The following isn't correct just at a glance...pipe, shocks, throttle and rims.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Rocket

John Hardin used to own the bike and he sold it to Tote at Grayboy Cycle.  John is on this site so he can probably tell alot more of the history of the bike.
Rocket

jhardin

I bought the 250 from Larry Walls in florida ph.407-299-4993.It is a good running bike but far from correct.There is a picture and profile of larry on this bike in the still keeping track issue spring of 2003 issue no.14

john hardin
john hardin

herman

John, Thanks for the information,I am the person who bought all the parts and all the engines and boy he had the parts and tools.Thanks again for the info. Herm

Herm
Herm

Mike Lenz

Tote is the owner of Grayboy Honda/Kaw in Peoria IL. He was a Penton dealer in the seventies. If ever in Peoria, besides looking me up, check out all the old husky and Penton gas tanks he has in his showroom up along the wall.

Mike Lenz

We also have a KTM, dirt only shop here in the Peoria area. RTR Cycle in washington IL. The owner there Rick Grebner has a 72 Jackpiner there too!

3putt

Mike,   Are you saying that Rick in Peoria is wanting to sell his 72 JP ? If that is the case, would you please forward his email address to me along with phone number to [email protected]. Thanks,   Nelson

wnm

Rocket

I happened to stop in at RTR Saturday.  He has a fantastic dirt bike shop.  That could change in the future, sounds like he is moving to a bigger building and taking on Yamaha too.
I looked at the 72 JP, not forsale, I asked of course!!
Rocket

Mike Lenz

Rocket, Next time your in Peoria look me up.
Mike Lenz