just smile

Started by tmc3c, January 16, 2005, 05:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

I just got back in from riding today with my buddies from work.When I was fighting to get my Penton right, my buddies would dog me at work telling me that for the money that I could have done bought me a CR 250 and wouldn't have all of the problems. Well again today we unload and people start coming around just a gawking at the PENTON. One guy came back several times saying man that is one cool bike while my buddies are standing by their Hondas and all I can do is SMILE :D Please don't get me wrong the new bikes are in a league by themselves but I am stoked to have my PENTON !!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

DKWRACER

Ditto that one good buddy, recently I took "Stella" out for a jaunt, with throttle in complete control, coming broadslide into the full view of "modern" riders, what compliments I rcd...Can't wait to get the 390 out to stretch it's legs......It's a way, we have about us "n" our bikes.......Trails "end"? Wait till I get "Freightliner" out......As far as I know, it's a Pleasure and an Honor to ride a Penton...
LT
Thomas Brosius

Gavin Housh

Thomas,the last time I had my Penton at the local track was fun for all the new bike guys to check out the old Sixday. I got to the track befor anyone else so I could get some track time in before people started jumping over the top of me. The litle Sachs was just tearin up the place. After about ten laps I ran out of fuel and coasted to a stop. When I came pushing it back to the pits some wise ass says "what happened, ya break it" I just told him that I had run out of fuel. As I rolled the bike over to my truck I notice that I had been noticed, and some of the locals came over to ask about the bike. Of coarse the first thing they say is man look at the size of those fins, is that a 250. I tell them that it's just a 125 and they say "man that looks like fun". I just smile and load up my bike. I don't like to be on the track with all the new bikes. But if you can get out before they do they just can't believe that these old bikes run as well as they do! G man.