Racing in Arizona

Started by OUCWBOY, November 22, 2004, 04:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OUCWBOY

Bob Brizzee had another great weekend at the Avdra/Ahrma race at Speed World Mx Park, Surprise Az . Despite leaking left crank seal and slipping clutch, the 125 Penton ran 1st in the first moto-2nd in the 2nd moto-- overall 2nd place beat by a 74 Husky.
The 76 Penton / KTM 250 ran 2nd in the 1st moto beat by the Montessa. In the 2nd moto, he got the holeshot on the Montessa, passed the Bultaco during the 2nd lap led the rest of race consantly putting distance between him and the pack. The KTM took 1st place overall. It rained off and on, got really muddy and slippery.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

tmc3c

YEAH 1976 250 PENTON !! Now if I could get mine running as good !!And also Great going with the 125 also !! GO PENTON:D

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

James

Yea Bob did good. Although I spoke with him Sunday night, he is a bit low key...it just ocurred to me that he won. He was all concerned that he misssed Lynn Shoup to bring my wheels back to Tucson. The next day at the store..Ken Lusk shows up and has my wheels. Is there any other group of people where people you do not know well will haul something back for you...you can trust someone with a set of expensive wheels-or a complete bike. Bob Brizee and Ken Lusk  are awesome . BTW  Bob is getting some dental work done and said he won't race on Dec 5 but would ride up with me. I will keep ahead of the Montesa if you don't mind me doing it on a Maico.
 James

You dont stop racing because you get old..you get old because you have children
7\\" and 4\\" travel? Hmm-that makes 11\\" Hey! I can live with that.

tlanders

Hey Donny,

Rosemary wants to go to the first AHRMA race in AZ next February. Anybody have a Penton I could borrow? We would fly out. Charlie Richardson said he would set me up with a CZ, but that would be akin to desertion in the army!!!!!

Teddy

OUCWBOY

I'm sure we could find a nice Penton for ou to ride, maybe a real fast 125 with a D GS Motor!!!!!!!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

James

Bob Brizee did well again in classic 125..though with slipping clutch and some missed shifts. I rode his 125 and I do not know how he shifts it at race speed-a better man than me. He really needs to get his  MC5 going again..he is missing 3 rd gear a lot. i think he needs a 3rd gear and a shift quadrant. If anyone can help let us kmow.
 I would like to thank Bob Brizee and Greg Roth, a swell as Dave Boydstun. I went to the line Sunday and Dave noticed my exhaust manifold bolts on my Maico had vibrated out. Bob  and Greg SPRINTED to their trucks and retirned with the bolts and allen wrenches. All three of them wrenched furiously ..and i was going no leak. I had agood day and lead the whole racing lapping some in my 5 lap debut to Arizona vintage.  Great people..I love vintage racing.  James

DKWRACER

HMMMMMMMM.Perhaps that new MC5 fender, would be the only thing that you will be seeing in the not to distant future......
Thomas Brosius

James

I really hope so, bob is areally good rider on some not as good equipment at the moment. After racing a 74 250 Penton I can only imagine that engine with some suspension. i don not know yet in which skill level I will be placed, but I have a nice red AW rear fender with a cool Rage racing sticker that will get some exposure as well. Since Bob is working on a 440 AW, i just might have to get that 250 MC5 I always wanted... James