PVL ignitions

Started by Lee Brown, January 06, 2005, 09:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee Brown

Has anybody tried the pvl ignitions on a mc-5 250 motor, and does it seem to change power delivery,because the heavy motoplat wait is removed any feed back would great thx Lee.....

James

no, ...but I rode a 250 years ago with a later internal rotor Motoplat. I think it was Ron munson's bike from Houston. It was noticably quicker revving than my 250 with stock Motoplat.

You dont stop racing because you get old..you get old because you have children
7\\" and 4\\" travel? Hmm-that makes 11\\" Hey! I can live with that.

TGTech

Lee,
Replacing the Motoplat with a PVL will definitely allow the engine to spin much more quickly, but if that is a problem, we have different weights that can be bolted to the face of the rotor, to slow things down. The PVL rotor is about 12 oz. and we have four different weights that can be used: 8, 11, 14, and 17 oz. versions.

We also have the MZ-B system that can be used in place of the Motoplat. It is also an external flywheel type system with lighting capacity.

Dane Leimbach
Penton Imports Co., Inc.

James

I can tell you that I am very happy with the PVL on my 77 450 Maico.
I think it would light up a plug covered in mud. Bob Brizee has an MC5 250 and tells me that it pops the front end up on the start like my vintage 250 Penton did. I thought the longer wheelbase would help it stay down. Dane, is it possible that a lighter fylwheel would lessen the initial "hit" upon launch? This is starting to sound like a good way to tune the 250 KTM engine with the lighter flywheel and optional weights. And thanks again to the woman who answered my stupid questions about installing the sparkplug cap. I do not recall her name but she was quite patient with me.
 James

You dont stop racing because you get old..you get old because you have children
7\\" and 4\\" travel? Hmm-that makes 11\\" Hey! I can live with that.