Penton Team, HAMMER & TONGS

Started by SIEGE, January 03, 2005, 12:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SIEGE

hello POs

I'd say "fellow POs", but I don't have a Penton yet! I'm kinda hoping there will be more than one Penton/KTM Team at Hammer & Tongs this year. Last year we had one, and they finished a very respectable 6th (Thom Green, Jon McLean, Matt Sulllivan, Dale Walter) This year will be a 3 race series, with a cash purse paid to the top three teams in the  series. I drove over to eastern Washington on Friday to check out where round 1 will be held. It looks pretty damn good, I have to say...
-SIEGE
here's the link.
http://www.siegecraftnw.com/H&T05-Alderdale.htm

Big Mac

We seem to run short of Penton/Pen-KTM machines here in the Northwest, or are short on Penton riders willing to drive this far to enjoy really great no-BS vintage racing. Anyone wanting to race one or more of the 3 events this summer and wanting to also join in on a Penton team relay race, please speak up and let us other owners know! No memberships req'd, no overburdening tech issues, just fun cheap racing -- And the NW is FANTASTIC for summer vacations! Per details on the site above, one race near Seattle followed by two closer to Portland, OR. Be there!

By the way, the 6th place at the single team relay of 2004 included a fine leg run by our +60 friend Dale "Deek" Walters, who wrung all he could from his 6-Day mount against open class CZs, Bultacos and Husky's on an aggressive open bike course, piloted by the likes of Ron Pomeroy...we like to recall it as "Very Respectable 6th Place." ALSO, this is one of the very few vintage venues in the country now running a 100cc class, and so far no Penton 100s?? Anywhere else in the country offering a true 100cc class these days?  Mac
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

Big Mac

Quotequote:Originally posted by Big Mac

We seem to run short of Penton/Pen-KTM machines here in the Northwest, or are short on Penton riders willing to drive this far to enjoy really great no-BS vintage racing. Anyone wanting to race one or more of the 3 events this summer and wanting to also join in on a Penton team relay race, please speak up and let us other owners know! No memberships req'd, no overburdening tech issues, just fun cheap racing -- And the NW is FANTASTIC for summer vacations! Per details on the site above, one race near Seattle followed by two closer to Portland, OR. Be there!

By the way, the 6th place at the single team relay of 2004 included a fine leg run by our +60 friend Dale "Deek" Walters, who wrung all he could from his 6-Day Sachs-powered mount against open class CZs, Bultacos and Husky's on an aggressive open bike course, piloted by the likes of Ron Pomeroy...we like to recall it as "Very Respectable 6th Place." ALSO, this is one of the very few vintage venues in the country now running a 100cc class, and so far no Penton 100s?? Anywhere else in the country offering a true 100cc class these days?  Mac
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

Big Mac

By the way, the 6th place at the single team relay of 2004 included a fine leg run by our +60 friend Dale "Deek" Walters, who wrung all he could from his 6-Day mount against open class CZs, Bultacos and Husky's on an aggressive open bike course, piloted by the likes of Ron Pomeroy...we like to recall it as "Very Respectable 6th Place." ALSO, this is one of the very few vintage venues in the country now running a 100cc class, and so far no Penton 100s?? Anywhere else in the country offering a true 100cc class these days?  Mac
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

Big Mac

Quotequote:Originally posted by Big Mac

By the way, the 6th place at the single team relay of 2004 included a fine leg run by our +60 friend Dale "Deek" Walters, who wrung all he could from his 6-Day Sachs-powered mount against open class CZs, Bultacos and Husky's on an aggressive open bike course, piloted by the likes of Ron Pomeroy...we like to recall it as "Very Respectable 6th Place." ALSO, this is one of the very few vintage venues in the country now running a 100cc class, and so far no Penton 100s?? Anywhere else in the country offering a true 100cc class these days?  Mac
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

AndyL

Big Mac,
We have had a true 100cc class here in Missouri for about 3 years now.  

The promotor for the Missouri Vintage MX series ( //www.MOVMX.com ) started it up and it has been well supported. About 9 in the Intermediate class and 10 or so in the Novice class.

Here in MO/KS it has been mostly Hodaka's, with several Yam's and Suz in the class, with a Penton or two sprinkled in for good measure.

It is always alot of fun to be able to toss the bike around during the race, instead of the other way around.

AndyL #14u
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

Big Mac

Andy - Glad to hear there's a least a few places that the 100cc class is alive and healthy!! I've heard a bit about MOVMX...sounds very cool and much like our VDR series. The 100cc class was just added here this past fall, but already one of the biggest classes and lots of guys building bikes for that class. Lots of fast Hodies too.

Looks like you guys have even had Jim Pomeroy out there too...we see him, his brother Ron and Buck Murphy often, since they all live around E. WA or Seattle and are still willing to flog the old hardware with us wannabes. If I'm in the midwest with an old bike, hope I can make it to one of your races sometime. Mac
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

Lloyd Boland

SVRG is offering a 100cc class this year in their 11 race SoCal series.

tomale

Mac is right. It was very respectable. We beat alot of other teams that had alot of experts in there ranks. Any of you guys that have a hankering to ride up this way. let me or Mac know and I am sure that we can find a Penton for you to ride. I would be willing to let one of you guys ride my orginal 76 MC5 250 if you are willing to make the trek up this way. I will do what I can to make it happen. What do you say? Any one up for in the good old summertime?

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
78' 400 MC5
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

deek

Mac, Thom

I'm ready to go. Scott Berryman will have his 6 Day ready. Alderdale, in Eastern Wa., where?? This course looks awsome.

Dale
72 6 Day

Big Mac

Deek - Look forward to seeing you both and your bikes. Maybe we'll have enough iron to have BOTH a Penton team and a KTM team? 3 races this summer ... details at http://www.siegecraftnw.com/H&T05-Alderdale.htm

Jon
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

Big Mac

Rumor has it that one of the H&T vintage/PV races is going to be at none other than the Washougal National track, about 30 minutes from Portland, OR. No date yet, but it is to give AHRMA points and part of the NW Lunberjack Series it seems. Move over Bubba, the old boys are coming to town.
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR