Kudos to Randy Kirkbride!!!!

Started by DKWRACER, January 14, 2005, 05:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKWRACER

Thanks Randy for the 10th Anniversary decals! Got them today and placed on a new set of 77 GS panels, the look is "smashing"
Tom...
Thomas Brosius

Lew Mayer

Randy does a great job with decals,doesn't he?

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

DKWRACER

Yes Lew, a natural born talent!!! I really liked the X-mas card, what originality!
Tom....
Thomas Brosius

crash carden

Hello DKWRACER, sounds like these 10th anniversary stickers are what I need on my 77 GS 250! [:D So I am guessing these stickers came on the new 77's? Also was the location of the sticker on both side panels or did it vary as to where they were placed? You have might guessed that I've never seen an original Penton with these stickers on it. Thanks for any help, Crash Carden
    [8D] Hey Randy I would like a couple of the 10th anniversary stickers if you could let me know how much they are I will send the extra money on the check for the 2005 Penton calender. Thanks again, Crash Carden PS: Keep up the good work! [^]

DKWRACER

Crash, perhaps another great mistry in the evolution of the 1977 Penton. In examination of the decal, it commemorates years 1967 to 1977, and also the 51st. ISDT US Silver Vase Team..Names like Carl Cranke, Dane Leimbach, Jack Penton, Tom Penton are on this decal...I can't wait to hear the stories!!!!
Tom....
Thomas Brosius

Randy Kirkbride

AW SHUCKS  [:I]  Thanks guys.  

Tom, Which ones did you end up using? Chrome or silver???  Also, what price did I tell you?  I lost my paper with the info.

Crash, I'm holding the last calendar for you. You can send it when Tom gives us the info.

DKWRACER

Randy, I used the first iteration and am sending the chrome ones back to you with a check for 20.00 for four...THANK YOU SIR!!
Thomas Brosius

crash carden

Hello Randy, DKWRACER, I was wondering if Randy made up both styles of the 10th anniversary sticker's [?] I see there is one representing the Silver Vase Team with the names of Carl Cranke,Dane Leimbach,Jack Penton, and Tom Penton. Then the other style with Penton oval in center and crest around the bottom with 10th anniversary around the outer edge. So Randy did you make up two types? If so I would like  one of each. Also I just need a price so I can send the check out ASAP along with the calender payment. Thanks for any help. Crash Carden GO TEAM PENTON![8D]

generalbay

Does anyone know if all 77 models had the 10th anniversary stickers or was it just a select few? I have a 77 model I bought from the original owner that has 10th annversary stickers on it, with some wear. I'm just curious, do I have one of a few or one of many.
David Duvall

Randy Kirkbride

Crash,
The one we have is the one with the names on it.  I'm still waiting on them. I'll let you know when I get the final price.  Thanks

Kip Kern

Randy  Are you going to bring your decal box to the POG meeting in February at the AMA?  Thanks in advance!

peter kane

Randy, do you have decals for a steel tanker?  Also, can anybody comment on what I learned about steel tanker color codes under the topic "Steel tanker green"?  I'd like to compare notes with Crash on this before I put down any money for paint.  Are you up for a phone call Crash?  I'm at 508-277-2595.

Peter Kane
V3442
[email protected]

NOTE: There is a new, really easy-to-use -free- web telephone called Skype (See: http://www.skype.com/ ) All you need is speakers and a microphone on your computer. Once the program is downloaded people who have downloaded it can talk over their computers in real time. The beauty of this is that you can conference call with up to as many as four people at once. It may be good for working out fine details for services, events and trips without running up our phone bills.
Peter Kane
1970 Six Day
Plainville, Massachusetts
[email protected]

crash carden

Hello Peter, the only paint match work I have done is on the Jackpiner blue & yellow and I had that work done by Mini Craft of FL. and that was done with gel coat.I am sure the steel tank experts will step forward and share their info. with you. I have a 1968 125cc steel tank, but it is a project bike that I have not started. Sorry I am unable to help with the steel tank green. Good luck on your project and have fun. Crash Carden GO TEAM PENTON!:D PS: I do have a paint chart from the old Penton paint codes it read as follows.
     Paint Work Prepaint Cleaner Dupont 3949S
Prinmer SEM Self Etching 39681 Gray Scotch Brite Brown
 After primer and between coat. No Wet Sanding
All Paint Poducts are R/M Brand Limco Supreme single stage
Touch up Gun @ 40 Psi
Reducer LR 1272
Hardner LH 85

Colors
Frame L 15001 Silver Met
Number Plates L 79642 yellow
Cmf 100 "74" 250, L 79661 Red
Cmf 125 "73-74" 250 Number plate L 79601 Green
Shock Bodies All L 13572 Black
CMF 175 L 79588 Blue
"73" 250 L 79648 Yellow
"68/71" Steel Tank 125 L 79835 Green Met
"68/71" Steel Tank 100 L 79880 Red Met
"70" Steel Tank 175 , L 79811 Blue Met
Steel tank Side panel L 79621
Red Steel tank side panels L 79686 silver met

Pin stripe scheme CMF side panels 72-74
Steel Tanks Black stripe separate two tone with white stripe 1/2 " above the black stripe
100 CC Red with yellow # plate Black stipe
125CC green with yellow # plate white stripe
175cc Blue with Yellow # plate Black stripe
"73" 250 CC Yellow w/ green #plate  White stripe
"73" 250 cc Red with green #plate White stripe  

Spark Plugs: Bosch W3AC for 100/125/175  "68"-"74"
                 Bosch W3AS for 250/400  "73"-"74"

Randy Kirkbride

Kip,
I'll bring them along.

Peter,
Sorry, I don't have anything for the steel tankers.

Rain Man

Crash, any chance of making copies of that paint chart,?
   I did manage to print off what you have posted to date, I'm trying to gather up some information for an essay on "Penton painting" :D

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons