For Sale - 1973 Penton 6 Days / MX style

Started by namgar, January 24, 2005, 09:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

namgar

I am considering selling my Penton 6 Days if I can get a serious and resaonable offer for it.  I have just finished a long mechanical restoration and update on it and have run it in three AHRMA races and honestly just don't enjoy the bike due to the shifting although it runs great and is fast, I can't seem to get the hang of the transmission and I'm tired of spending money on it.  There are pictures at my Yahoo! photos page ( copy and paste  - http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wrgahrma/my_photos ).

The following work was completed during the last 18 months and it has only had three AHRMA Novice class races run since -

- Engine rebuilt by pro mechanic with new rod kit, piston and clutch parts, PVL ignition
- Transmission just rebuilt by Doug Wilford with all new parts
- Carb Rebuilt, new petcocks, new foam filter
- MSR Dominator aluminum bars and new Magura style controls with original style throttle
- New plastic Falk style fenders, fiberglass sidecovers, tank is from Berkshire with Caswell liner and professional paintwork on all fiberglass
- Frame was sandblasted and painted with PJ1 KTM Silver/Grey and clearcoat
- New Stainless steel skidpan, footpegs, fender bracket, seat brackets and a lot of SS bolts
- New Terry control cables
- New Excel rims with Buchanan Stainless Steel spokes
- Custom pipe with built in silencer from Circle F, it was coated by Jet-Hot in a high temp ceramic silver oxide (looks like Nickel)
- Vintage Works Performance shocks rebuilt for this bike
- All new bearings in wheels, swingarm and steering races (1 Extra ball each)
- New plastic spacers/bushings in rear brake assembly
- New drive cushions in rear wheel
- New chain and sprockets and chain guide

yada, yada yada....

There's more, I can't remember all of it right now but I have receipts.  Honestly if you can name it on the bike it was repaired, replaced or upgraded.  I spent way too much on it and it looks and runs like it.  It has some minor race wear, but is a very nice bike throughout.  I just got the transmission back from Doug W. but to be honest I am so disgusted by the bike that I don't even want to put the motor back in it, but I will.  I will have it together and running for the POG annual meeting.  Take a look at the pictures, email me if you have questions, and if you are serious, bring cash (lots of it!) to the POG meet.

Thanks,
Will Gahrmann

William R Gahrmann
William R Gahrmann

Lew Mayer

Lew Mayer

namgar

If anyone wants to contact me about the bike my number is 202-210-1596 and my email is [email protected]

Thanks

William R Gahrmann
William R Gahrmann