Carb Help

Started by Mick Milakovic, January 19, 2005, 12:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Milakovic

I have two bings off my '75 250 project.  One has a stripped out idle screw hole, the other has a broken off (and locked in) pilot jet.  I'd like to have a bing, of course, but will settle for a Mikuni.  Anybody want to trade, or sell a carb?

Mick

Dennis D

Mick, Do you think that a Bing body off of a 73 250 would work? I have one that I will send you if it will. It ain't pretty, but I think it is usable. Dennis D

Mick Milakovic

Thanks Dennis, but I don't know the answer to that question.  Does anybody know if the 75 and 73 motors used the same carb size?

Mick

Mick Milakovic

Measured my bing last night, but still not sure what size it is.  It measured 1-9/16" in diameter, or 4 cm.  My ruler didn't have mm on it.  Does anyone know what size that is?

Mick

firstturn

Mick,
  I don't know what part you are measuring, but 4cm = 40mm.  Hope this helps.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Mick Milakovic

Ron, I just looked down the bore of the carb and measured what I thought was the inside diameter.  40 mm sounds too big for a 250. How should it be done?

Mick

Kip Kern

Mick  If it's a Bing, it should have the carb size stamped on the body.  Should be a 36mm if stock.  Good Luck!

Dennis D

Mick, the plate on the carb reads: 2/36/102 Why don't you send me your address and I will ship it to you Monday. Dennis D

Mick Milakovic

Thanks Dennis, that's what the stamping on my carbs read, also.  I'll contact you off topic.

Mick