Pipe Substitutes???

Started by Chakka, March 12, 2005, 11:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chakka

I've about surrender to notion of ever finding an original pipe for my 76' 126 GS. Seems like the rarest part in all of Pentondom. How close a match are other pipes from that time frame? Would a Jackpiner or Harescrambler pipe fit with some mods? I would imagine the only difference would be where it mates to the cylinder. Any suggestions?

herman

My 1976 gs 125 pipe is totally different from my 75,75,77, gs 250.You would have to make a piece for the jug to fit a larger mouth on the 250 pipe.Have you checked With dr.2-stroke over seas? Herm

Herm
Herm

Mike Lenz

I just put a 73 175 pipe on a 76 GS style frame (the old 74/75 frame) and just had to move the front and rear pipe mounts, and made a mount for the middle mount. However the 76 125 exhaust manifolds I've seen angle down.  If yours does also you would have to cut the header off and re angle it. Or maybe better yet use a 125 Sachs pipe as that manifold angled down also.  May have to use a manifold piece from a 175 though on the Sachs pipe, Im not sure. But one way or another this would be doable.

Chakka

Thanks for the input, Mike, my manifold does angle down. I think I need to contact Dr 2Stroke to see if he has any left.

Chris