Correct # Plate colors? Help . . .

Started by penton117, July 05, 2001, 10:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

penton117

Hello fellow poggers,
I am finishing a ground-up on my 1974 125 six day and I am stumped on something. My painter called and asked if the number plates are supposed to be white or yellow, and I could not for the life of me remember how these bikes were originally. Also, was there not a small pinstripe between the oval plate color and the green color? If so what color was that?
Finally  does anyone know where to obtain  NOS gas caps or good used ones?
I know this all sounds fanatical, but if you are going to do it, do it right, no?

Thanks for the help,

Don
P.S. How about a lead on the big (4.75") clamp for the airbox boot. Thanx

Rocket

Don
Get a hold of Jake Fischer, he helped me out with one, very nice guy to deal with.  You can find him on the Penton parts on the home page for this sight.
Rocket

Don Roth

Don..
My 74 came with yellow on green, and I
have a good used cap if you are interested,
no ebay price either! I believe
I read that Fischer Cycle sells the airboot clamp.
-don

Doug Wilford

Don;
The 74 125 number plates were yellow.  The left air box cover was also used as a number plate, if the back half oval has been cut off you need to find a cover that is whole, there was a white pin stripe outlining the yellow field from the green, only on the cover part.    Good luck.
Doug

Doug Wilford

Don;
The 74 125 number plates were yellow.  The left air box cover was also used as a number plate, if the back half oval has been cut off you need to find a cover that is whole, there was a white pin stripe outlining the yellow field from the green, only on the cover part.    Good luck.
Doug