Seeking experienced mx track builders

Started by sachsmx, February 15, 2005, 09:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sachsmx

After a 10 year hiatus, I am jumping back into dirtbiking with both feet! :D I'm in the process of buying a new 2002 (leftover) 300 MXC and also get my 1986 KTM 500 out of mothballs. Here's my plan: I have a little over 12 acres of land with most of it being rolling hills in front of my home. I want to build a "natural terrain type" mx track  by enhancing the natural features of my property by adding some jumps and whoop sections. [8D] I would like to find an experienced track builder to help me with the layout and construction (bulldozer operation). I can have a medium sized dozer available for at least two days, possibly a whole week, along with two utility tractors, one with a loader, a disk, etc.
My offer: come and help me with my track the week before the AMA Vintage M/C days and you can stay the week before and weekend of the event at my log house complete with a well stocked garage. All meals, beer etc. included. I live about 12 miles from Mid-Ohio SCC, so you would be minutes away from the action. You can also do all the riding you care to do on my property that week.
There are two excellent golf coarses within 5 miles and Honda Hills is 90 minutes away (I believe they still have a Wednesday night practice session). Anyone interested? :D

bentrims

Sachs,

That is everyones dream and you get to live it. Congratulations!! :DA word of insight.. Be very cautious in orienting all you friends to your track with respect to NOISE levels.[B)]

Last year we had to attend a city hall meeting to be (GRANTED) one day a week that we can ride. We get Tuesdays.[xx(]

I am talking about a 40 acre plot that sits way out in the country 50 miles north of Minneapolis. I can see their point though. It is very peaceful up there and bike noise really carries in a gentle wind.

Todays bikes seem to be competing with who can have the loudest cannon on their 4 stroke.[V]

Man I hope all goes well...it will be a blast. Work hard to protect it.
Tom Benolkin

sachsmx

Points well taken. Most of my 7 (families) neighbors ride bikes, quads, snowmobiles or all three, and most are responsible people. Yes, I will be very careful not to create ill will with them and will run the quietest exhaust system possible. I firmly believe in using quiet pipes, even on closed coarse (mx) bikes. :D I live a few miles from the nearest town and we have no zoning, which helps. I do not plan to turn my place into a public riding area, but rather, share it with my friends at various times throughout the year as the opportunities arrive. Of coarse, I will ride whenever I please, within reason.
BTW: I live just a few miles from the old Mid-Ohio MX Park.