Frame paint color

Started by chuck, February 17, 2005, 01:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuck

I'm sure this has been asked a million times.  I am refurbishing my first Penton. It is a 1972 125 six days. What is the official color of the frame? Where can I get paint? Intitially, I want to just spray paint the frame and ride in some AHRMA events. Eventually, I will powder coat.

Thanks for your help.

72 125 Six Days
72 100 Berkshire
74 250 Hare Scrambles
72 Wassel

rd400pi

Chuck,
  The "search" function on the message board works pretty well and gets you a bunch of background history on previous discussions.  Pretty neat that I can read things that were talked about before I was a member. Now I don't feel as though I missed so much!:D

Mike H.

Big Mac

I've tried several different silver-gray rattle can colors. I like the PJ-1 Silver Satin Barrel 500 degree heat paint, followed by PJ-1 satin clear coat. The heat resistance doesn't make much difference--just didn't like the other silvers or grays and costs the same anyway. Nice bright silver with a light touch of metal flake sparkle. Bike shops usually carry or can order PJ-1. Mac
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

Doug Wilford

You are the right track but the PJ-1 KTM Silver Gray is as close as you will get.   Have fun

chuck

Thanks for the help. This is an unbelievable users group.  After doing a search, it was amazing to find the information that exists and the dedicated help the members continually provide. I am looking forward to completing the restoration on my 1972 Penton 125 six days and getting it to the track and meeting some on you.

Thanks again for your help.
72 125 Six Days
72 100 Berkshire
74 250 Hare Scrambles
72 Wassel