Piner transport

Started by STEVEN PAYNE, February 14, 2005, 05:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STEVEN PAYNE

Anyone have any advice for POG member Auto...I'm selling my 73 Jackpiner. He want's help getting it to N.J. I'm in San Diego. If someone want's to help him out, let one of us know.

STEVE PAYNE

[email protected]  858 451 7003

cubfan1968

We've been using Craters & Freighters (they are all over the USA)They come and get the bike crate it and send it to the destination. Rates are not that bad, plus its insured. Pretty hassle free. Theres gotta be one down in LowCal.

Rod Whitman
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

Mike Horton

Steve - I used Forward Air Inc. to ship my bike from Ohio to San Francisco. You use their container made especially for bikes. They have a terminal in San Diego and I'm sure one in NJ somewhere. Cost was $450.00. Check out their web site.  Mike Horton

Tommy_V

I just bought a Maico out of Oregon.  The seller broke it down into 3 boxes, plus the frame.  I sent a Fedex online request to pick it up, Fedex brought the shipping labels and applied them when they picked it up. Total cost was under $180.  Email me for more details on how to break it down to save space.

Tommy
Tommy

STEVEN PAYNE

Thanks all...my neighbor's a FED EX pilot, I never thought of asking him for advice...thanks for the idea...I'd like to see my 73 Piner go to a good home and get some use, as I've not been able to play with it...Hate giving it up...but with new bikes and daughters with a Yerf-dog, no time left. Thanks so much for such a great forum. Steve Payne.

P.S I'll stay on board if the deal falls through.