78 MC5 Decals Coming Soon?

Started by DKWRACER, February 01, 2005, 06:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKWRACER

Greetings from wintery Colorado! First off, Thanks for the recent replys re: "Darth" an Apparition, sometimes a Penton becomes a palette for dreams that come in the night.

On the subject of these decals, I do not wish to tread where another is attempting to go, so if another is in the process, please let me know.
I have a NOS set and am pursuing reproductions with a local friend. I have the two part "c" shaped decal and the KTM black logo and 250cc side panel decal.
My intent is to form the two part "c" into one solid piece in order to remove the registration error during install....
What is most needed is the Red/Black tank backstrap stripe, if any has one to lend, I would be eternally greatfull, maybe even the other cc designation side panel decals would help the cause....

Thanks for your time,
Tom....
Thomas Brosius

Mike Lenz

I may have the tank stripe and I know I have the 250 side decals. Some of the 78's also came with a white KTM with a black outline. I believe I have a set of those too. Did you notice the decal set for 50.00 didnt get a bid on ebay.

DKWRACER

MIke, thanks for the reply, the set on Ebay is the set I purchased.
It did not include the tank stripe, which is what I am after to complete the tank set etc...Any help greatly appreciated
Tom...
[email protected]
Thomas Brosius

DKWRACER

Greetings from Colorado!! (again)
I stopped by the vendor that is working on new 78 MC5 decals, so just an update:
Oye Vey, man to they look good! They where able to make the original two piece "c" shaped tank decal into one piece and in un-noticable registration. Also improved are the black dots in gradiation, the originals were somewhat coarse going from the large black dots to the smaller ones...I located a small piece of the original red/black center top tank stripe, which they were able to stretch to 21 inches, so the center stripe is taken care of...The KTM logo is only going to be the black one for now, but lets hope for the white one too!
I had side panel decals in 250cc and 400cc, so they should be available too; I am prolly going to split the tank decals away from the side panel decals and make each as a set and not "tie" the two together, I hope to have all by Monday Feb 28th, and to be posted on my website.....
Stay tuned and thanks for the support...
Tom....
Thomas Brosius

DKWRACER

Greetings from Colorado!!!! Just posted to my website are pics of the new 78 MC5 Decals, this has been a dream of mine, as I have found no-one who has them.....
The decals do have a 3M fuel proof coating, but I suppose you can clear-coat overall.....I split out the tank decals from the side panel decals in case you might only need the sets for your requirement.
Three years in the making, it all happened in 1 month......
Dress your KTM well...
Thanks for the support
Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

rd400pi

Tom,
  Once again, I have to say thanks.  You bring much optimism and enjoyment to this hobby.

Mike Husted