Kick starter re-assembley

Started by Mick Milakovic, February 21, 2005, 12:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Milakovic

Hi all, I'm having trouble getting my 1975 kick start lever back together.  I think I can tell how it goes:  spring first, then the pin with the round end, with the round end going into the hole on the shaft base, but how do you line it all up?  It all falls apart before I can get the shaft base on it.  Thanks.

Mick

Mike Lenz

I havent done enough of them to remember how to tell you hands off but if you have a fax number email it to me at [email protected] and I will fax you a copy of the repair manuel on this.
Mike

bentrims

Very cool to see that kind of support Mike. Thats what this website is all about.
Penton Rookie Tom B

G Ellis

Mick if you need a kick starter or need the one you have fixed. I can come over your way. Let me know I am only 45 min. away. Glad to see you have a real bike about finished. Gary

Mick Milakovic

Mike, I faxed the number this morning, thanks for the supreme effort!  Hopefully I can make sense of the manual.

Gary, once again your offer for help is appreciated.  I'm starting to stress because I leave for Gainesville next Thursday night and I haven't got the bike running yet!  I'm working on it every day, and each time I make progress I find something else that needs attention.  I'll keep you posted.

Mick

G Ellis

Mick if you need any help I can come over and help you this weekend. I have a 74 1/2 in the shop just setting there, I can bring it over and you can take it to Florida. It is all ready to race, just let me know. Do you still have my phone number. Gary

Mick Milakovic

Gary, you are making my heart bleed with emotion [:I] Contact me off topic with your phone number and I'll call you tonight to keep you posted with my progress.

Mick