Mid-Ohio to have a REAL motocross track ???

Started by Gary Roach, February 17, 2005, 11:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Roach

I know a guy that works for Dirt Wurx, the track builders. He called me on his cell phone, sitting in a dump truck, in the middle of Qualcomm Stadium, in San Diego (location of this Saturday's Supercross round). He said that Mid-Ohio wanted a "Vintage Friendly" motocross track built at their facility "before Summer". He didn't have any other information other than that they sent a guy there to place a bid on the job. We can only keep our fingers crossed!

Gary

bentrims

Fingers crossed my tail...Where can I send my donation?

Very cool wedding pics Gary...nice cake too!

Now remember to put a jelly bean in the jar everytime you..........
Start the Penton[:p]and take one out when she fouls a plug.[xx(]
Tom Benolkin

rob w

[:0] Oh my gosh, I'll certainly go for that, what a welcome change. Remember I crashed my brains out there just to prove a point and start this movement for a better track. :D We old guys deserve only the finest tracks in this country! The terrain is half the fun. Wow, a "real" vintage MX at VMD?? What are they going to think of next.
Gary, nice news, thanks.
If you hear from him again, mention the word "grandstands" also. ;)

Bob

Mike Lenz

Cool, where are they going to put the natural terrain hills and gullies?? Just kidding, anything will be an improvement.
Mike

Mick Milakovic

Maybe when they build a new track they can put in drainage.  Last year was a real mud fest!

Mick

Mick Milakovic

Mick

TGTech

For those of us/you who attended the POG meeting at the AMA, this thread may click a little. Remember that Jack said that KTM is going to hold their 2006 Dearler meetings in Ohio this year and that they are going to hold a ride day at Mid Ohio? That does make some sense that they would want a track that is not too radical for the introduction of their new models. It would be my guess that they would be adding some difficulty to the track for the more advanced riders, but for the most part, they don't want anything too technical.

There have been rumors running around the moto communities for a year already, that there was going to be a real motocross track put there, but nobody had been able to substantiate it. One perspective was that once the Troy National was cancelled, they were going to move the race to Mid Ohio, but obviously, that didn't happen.

Dane