AHRMA MX opener in Arizona

Started by bentrims, February 08, 2005, 06:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bentrims

Thanks James,
Eventually I will get a 250. Right now the 125 is so much fun I will stick with it. I may ride the 125 in 40+ just to see how it goes at Gatorback. My brother found a Gold tank Hare Scrambles 250 in MX trim in the back woods of MN. We may get it and mint it out.
TB

tlanders

I am SOOOOOOO excited that Tom is racing a Penton!!! He is an awsome rider!!! Because of my "get off", I got to really watch his races Sunday - unbelievable!!!!

Thank you for the kind words Tom and Doug. I normally bring tons of tools and parts to try to help the Penton racers if anyone needs it.

I feel strange with this broken rib not knowing when I should or can race again. It starts feeling a little better, then I lift something, then it hurts for hours/days. I hear a clicking sound when I am lying in bed just from breathing. I wish that would stop, I know that can't be a good thing!!!! I can't imagine it being healed enough for Florida - I hope so though.

Teddy

mx503

Teddy,
I feel for you and your ribs.I broke mine at the GNC finals at Lake Whitney in '92 when a guy highsided in to me and I got run over! The bad thing(despite the PAIN!)was my boss at work told me he would fire me if I ever got hurt racing. He was on vacation when I got back and for a few weeks it was all I could do to hide the pain. Vicodan made it a bit easier but hard on the stomach. Tom, when I get my second MC5 250 ready you are welcome to race it. Having two pentons in the same race would be cool. I would feel kind of like a sponsor. It just depends how bad the motor is. The top comes off next week. Oh the horror!

Bob Peed
Bob Peed

bentrims

That is an awesome offer Bob.....thanks. I hope you get that 125 your watching. Man it looks nice.
TB

SoCal996

Tom,

My friends were pushing my bike back to the pits and said you apolgized for hitting me, but I knew it couldn't be you because of the experts starting before the novices and intermediates. One of the nice things about vintage racing, is at the end of the day its about having fun and re-living our youth. I think for the most part all the riders care about each other.

Teddy, if it's any consolation (I know its not) I broke three ribs in that first turn crash in the 125 classic second moto. Tried to make it home to Carlsbad, but ended up spending the night at the hospital in Yuma AZ. couldn't get out of the truck to fill up the gas tank had the paramedics come and take me away. Good thing the wife is very understanding!!!

AZ. was kind of a disaster, moto 1 got some snow fence caught in the rear wheel and locked it up and threw that chain. Then the second moto first turn wipe-out in the grease from the water truck.

Thinking about Diamond Don's, if I make it, I'll look you guys up.

Regards,
Brian

bentrims

Brian,
I hope your recovery is good and we see you at Diamond's. Thanks for confirming my story too. I am still dumbfounded that someone thought I knocked them down. Well I tried to e mail him anyway to open a channel. I think your recovery is more important. Hang in there..ribs hurt but they heal good and are common to riding MX.
Tom B

tlanders

Brian,

I pray you will recover quickly. I know the feeling about not being able to move. I was in Arizona because I was returning from a business trip to California. I had a rental car and no place to stay. Diamond Don offered to bring me a sleeping bag, pillow and cot to sleep out under the stars. He forgot the cot!!! Fortunately after the crash, Rik Smits offered to let me sleep on the floor in his RV. When I laid down for the first time, I couldn't move, turn over, get up, anything - it was a terrible feeling. I was offered some Vicodin (sp?). After taking it, a while later I found a position that would allow me to get up. I am still sleeping in that position at night. I am hoping that I'll be ready by Diamond Dons or for sure the ISDTVQ on April 23/24.

Teddy