2005 ISDT-RR

Started by Steve Minor, February 17, 2005, 01:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Minor

Have the dates, location, etc. been set for the 2005 ISDT-RR?

I want to plan my vacation far enough ahead so that I don't miss it.
Steve Minor

tlanders

Steve,

The date has been set and can be found at the AHRMA Events & Results site http://www.ahrma.org/calendar.htm. Scroll down to the Cross Country section. HOWEVER, I have heard that the date published may need to be changed due to a conflict the Forest Service has with hunting season. Keep checking the AHRMA site. If you want to have A LOT OF FUN doing the same type of event, come to the ISDT Vintage Qualifier in Combs, AR on April 23-24. It is hosted by the Razorback Riders who hosted the first four ISDTRRs. The good part about the Vintage Qualifier as compared to the Reunion Ride is that you don't need license plates, insurance, lights or anything other than your race bike and it's cheaper - $80 for the weekend. The pre-entry form and a description of the ride will be posted on the AHRMA site within the next week or so. Some of the guys who went to it last year said it was the most fun weekend they had all year.

Teddy

Steve Minor

Hey Teddy....Thanks for the info on the RR. I'll try to get to the Qualifier. Sounds like it will be a blast! But I'll see you at the 2005 RR for sure!

PS......How's the ribs? When I was banged up once, I found that if hugged a small pillow when i coughed or took a deep breath it helped out a great deal.
Steve Minor

Tommy_V

I didn't make the RR last year, but I was in Combs for the ISDTVQ and it was a blast!  Easily the most fun for me all year!  Don't miss this one.  Trail riding, special tests, grass track for time and against your class.  The pace was lesuirely enough that you could visit with your buds at the checkpoints or fiddle with your points and stay on time.

Tommy
Tommy

wfopete

Fellow POGers,

As your resident Arkansas POG member, I plan to attend both these events (ISDTRR and the 2 day Qualifier). I am familar with the clubs helping out with the rides and if I here anything noteworthy I'll past it on. Ride on!

'01 KTM EXC 520, '74 YZ 250, '86 Honda XR 250, '71 Hodaka 100, '74 SUZUKI TM 400, '73 Penton Jackpiner
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

Doug Wilford

Thanks Pete;
I have heard that the dates for the ISDTRR have been moved to like the 7-8-9 of October.   Just scuttle butt!

wfopete

Just got off the phone with a key player for puting on the ISDTRR here in AR. There is a possibility that the dates will move due to a change in length of the muzzleloader season. If the dates for the USFS permit conflict with hunting, it's a good bet that the permit will come in second. Should hear of a decision this week, but 7-8-9 October would be the likely move. The Vinduro guys are watching and are in the loop.

'01 KTM EXC 520, '74 YZ 250, '86 Honda XR 250, '71 Hodaka 100, '74 SUZUKI TM 400, '73 Penton Jackpiner
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

pketchum

With limited time to race this year, and having attended the ISDTVQ last year, there are only a few events that I'm presently shooting for:

March 20    MOVMX Opening Day, Greenwood, MO
April 23/24 ISDT Vintage Qualifier, Combs AR
July        Mid-Ohio Vintage Motorcycle Days, Lexington,OH
October ?   ISDT Reunion Ride, AR

I might even make the Casey, IL AHRMA National or even Diamond Don's this year, God willing.  I LOVE road trips with racing buddies.

Don't miss the ISDTVQ, even if it's raining.  The hills drain the water away amazingly well, and all the puddles have rock/hard bottoms.  No lie.  I was really surprised at how well it handled water.

Phil
'79 KTM 250GS+ a bunch of Hodaka's
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka

tlanders

Steve,

Thanks for asking. The ribs are getting better even though the pain seems to move around which I don't understand. They will be ready for the ISDT Vintage Qualifier no matter how much pain!!!!

Teddy

jdyfletch

Teddy, Ibpropeen (spelling) helps wonders, speeking from experience

1975 Penton 100 racer (back-in-the-saddle)
1975 Penton 100 racer (back-in-the-saddle)

tlanders

I tried two 600mg Iboprofen (sp?) a day and had to go back to 3 a day!!! They are healing though thank you Lord.

Teddy

tomale

Ted, I did a quick look to see what it would cost for me to make the trip and it is out of the question. I figure a least 1000 bucks to make the trip. I have got several other ideas but they need to stay on the back burner for now. I sure would like to make it to both the qualifier and the Reunion ride. The RR was a blast and a half and I am sure that the qualifier will be just as much fun;). Even if I did not get to Meet Mr Penton it still would have been worth the trip. The older I get the more I am begining to like the idea of doing events like theses and less of the Motocross.. Too much stress and no time to get to know the guys I am racing with. The crosscountry stuff sounds like a bunch more fun. and alot less stress.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
78' 400 MC5
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

tlanders

Thom,

BOO HOO SOB SOB, I will miss you as I did at the RR last fall - but not the next one!!!!

I LOVE the cross country races!!! They are a lot more fun than the MX especially when they break up the vintage and the post vintage classes into two races. You get 2 hours of saddle time instead of 20 to 30 minutes for a typical 2 heat MX. Of course you can always sign up for more than one MX class, but that still isn't as much fun as riding through the woods and seeing God's handiworks up close and personal!!!

Teddy