Steel tanker for sale:

Started by clayman, February 26, 2005, 05:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clayman

My steel tanker Penton should be completed any day now. Hours of labor and love have gone into this bike. Unfortuantely, we were recent victims of ATM and check fraud and, no thanks to some bumbling, inconsiderate relative, I now have to sell this bike (and much more) to somewhat recover financially.[xx(]

This bike has an 125/6B motor in the frame, but I do have the original motor with it, as well as an extra frame. The bike, a 1971, has new tires, tubes, seat cover, cables, air filter, restored fuel tank ($$$), new Preston Petty front fender and a nickel-plated frame.

The motor has a new top-end in it, but the upper Motoplat coil has lost spark (since rebuilding the chassis the past two months), for some reason. The front wheel and forks are very nice. It has the correct headlight brackets and a nice front fender bracket on it.

It has a sweet down pipe on the machine. I am open to reasonable offers on the bike, although I must tell you that I have in excess of $1300 into it, not including the tank restoration. Also available, as a package deal if necessary, are the following parts:

1 125 6/A motor, 1 125 6/B motor, another 1970 frame, wheel set, complete front end w/triple clamps, Jackpiner frame, complete Jackpiner (32mm) front end w/triples, Jackpiner wheel set and other misc. Penton parts. Need $1800 for everything listed above, including the 1971 steel tanker.

Sincerely,
Clay

peter kane

Clay, These are real sucky circumstances in which you're forced to try to recoup some losses by unloading your Penton and other treasure.  I'm sure it's got to be a last resort.  However, you can take solace in knowing if a POGGER ends up with yer stuff it will most likely be well taken care of.  Put it out there - can you post some pix?

Peace-

Peter Kane
V3442
Plainville, Massachusetts
[email protected]
Peter Kane
1970 Six Day
Plainville, Massachusetts
[email protected]

rick823n

Clayman, What a bum deal! I would be interested in a steel tank front wheel and the 6/B motor. I also need steel tank rear chain adjusters. You can email me at [email protected]. Thanks.

fosterboy

Hello I would be interested in one of the motors. Also possibly the steel tanker please drop me a line and a picture [email protected] Thanks Ed

68 SACHS 100, 69 SACHS 125
72 Monark - project    
76 Hercules 175 - project
possible Penton-Hiro project

slvrbrdfxr

Clay,
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope you can get things straightened out quickly. I'd still like to see some pics of those used steeltanker fenders. Thanks !!
Dave McCullough
[email protected]

clayman

Photos of the steel tanker can be seen on AHRMA Web Mart's website, toward the bottom of the bike photos. Click on the photo to enlarge it. Will possibly be on ebay in a day or two, also.

Thanks,
Clay