....Mike & Ebay

Started by firstturn, March 06, 2005, 09:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

Mike you sent me a message on a item on ebay.  I really don't have a clue who you are?, but I will yield so go 4 it.  Thank you for being so kind to ask about bidding against me, but I will say it again....

PLEASE, JUST BID, THERE IS NO AGREEMENT ON THE POG SITE THAT I AM A PART OF.[8D]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Mike OReilly

Ron:
Sorry for the cryptic note. It's Mike O'Reilly in Ottawa, Ontario. For the rest of you: Ron was bidding on a porcelain sign on Ebay. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't stepping on his toes. There is an informal "gentlemans agreement" among our members that we will not needlessly bid something up, especially if it's something that a fellow particularly needs/covets. That's all.
The bidding is open for a couple of more hours. Ron looks like he is out, so lets see who else has the deepest pockets.
Regards to all,
Mike

firstturn

Mikey,
  Sorry that I didn't recognize you.  You are the Man when it comes the documented History of Penton.  Stay in touch.[^]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Mike OReilly

Whew. $456.01! That's a big number. On the other hand, this sign is supposed to have hung in the race shop of Penton West in the days of Carl Cranke. So (as they say on "Antiques Roadshow"), it has great "provenance".
I still want one, someday. Dane Leimbach says that there should be a stash of them in his barn from when they closed up in the late '70's. He says that he will have a look when (if) his son's racing schedule allows and he gets around to cleaning out the barn. I think we can all relate to that, but hears hoping.
Bob Wardlow was talking at one point about a reproduction. Any more on that?
Does anyone know who "larryscshope" (the winning bidder is?). I've seen him on there buying and selling over the years, and was just curious.
Mike

Don Roth

Mike,
I have purchased several Penton items from Larry, I beieve he is in
Missouri (?) One of those 'white hat guys' as far as I know.
-don

firstturn

Larry lives just outside Tulsa Oklahoma or to be exact I think it is Sand Springs...near John Zink Ranch.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

OUCWBOY

Ron,
You are right on. I have dealt with him and his son on many items and they both are good folks!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

robbersroost1

I fully agree with Donny, I bought my Penton Trials from Larry, I'm so glad I went down to pick it up, instead of having it shipped. One of the best Penton guys you will ever meet!!

Terry Laible
Terry Laible

rob w

Mike O. I think you have me confused with Karl and a different kind of sign. I got a 40"+ double sided, lit, exterior Penton dealer sign off of ebay from an old dealer in GA. After that, some guys here were talking about repros with Karl.

Mike, Was'nt that your decal collection at Feb's "Penton Day" meeting at the AMA museum?

Thanks
Bob

Mike OReilly

Bob:
I remember you buying the lit sign. I thought there was some talk of repro's of the porcelain one, but may be mistaken.
As for the decals; no it wasn't me. The collection that I have seen is Kent's.
Thanks all,
Mike

scott brogan

Gentleman.  I just left the sign shop, the sign maker is working up a proof for me to look at. The Reproduction shop signs should be available soon. If you are intrested please let me know they will be in the $40-$50 range, [email protected]