POG Postcards

Started by rob w, March 13, 2005, 12:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

Hi all,

I was wondering how many different POG Postcards have been printed? I have the one with John Penton and Erik Trunkenpolz, and another one with the Penton "Cycle Liner" on it.
 Are there any other ones I have'nt seen or am missing?

Thanks

Paul Danik

Rob,

A total of four different POG postcards were produced.  I believe that only the two that you mentioned have been released so far and that the third one is due out very soon.  I will check with "Mr. Newsletter" tomorrow as to when the next one will be included with a newsletter.

Thanks
Paul

BrianTaylor

Rob I have one with John riding in a Six day ahead of #230 (?) and it also has an insert of John wearing his Sixday Helmut with big american flag ... I think its the same pic as on his book .... Brian T.

Brian Taylor
Brian Taylor

rob w

Paul, Thank you, that's good to know, then I probably had'nt missed out on any in that group of four.

Brian, I have that postcard you're speaking of as well. I got it off of ebay, and I was led to believe it's original "old day" stuff, but I'm not sure of it's origin or age. The other two I know are POG items, they're printed Penton Owners Group on the back.
Thanks ya all,

Rob

Paul Danik

Rob and Brian,

The postcard that Brian is speaking of is probably 34 years old and was created from a Jerry West photo taken at the 1969 ISDT at Garmisch Partenkirchen, Germany. In that photo you can see a Silver Vase Team armband on Mr. Penton as he, Dave Mungenast, Leroy Winters and Bud Green, all mounted on Pentons, rode as a Silver vase Team. I am fairly sure of the team members but if someone has more accurate information please feel free to correct what I have written.

That postcard, and the one showing the proto model steel tank Penton, were the impetus in the POG creating the "new" postcards from some other historicly significiant photos.  The POG wanted to creat some items to give to is members in appreciation of their support of the group, as the saying goes, " membership has its privileges".

Paul

BrianTaylor

Sorry guys I keep getting this POG and Penton Originals thing confused .... On this post card I have there is no mention of POG  It reads JOHN PENTON INTERNATIONAL Endur / TRIALS  CHAMPION  AMHERST OHIO USA.......... BT

Brian Taylor
Brian Taylor

BrianTaylor

Sorry guys I keep getting this POG and Penton Originals thing confused .... On this post card I have there is no mention of POG  It reads JOHN PENTON INTERNATIONAL Endur / TRIALS  CHAMPION  AMHERST OHIO USA.......... BT

Brian Taylor
Brian Taylor