1977 400 Penton/KTM

Started by cowman, March 27, 2005, 01:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowman

I am looking to get rid of a 77 400 Penton/Ktm I have had for a number of years, I have someone local in Michigan that is showing interest. I would like a fair market value price for the bike. I believe the local buyer is trying to lowball me. Just want to be fair about the sale. Is there anyone that can help me value the mototcycle or would be interested in buying it for a fair price? I have a digital camera and can send photo's.   Thanx, Doug Cowman...Grand Haven, Mi

herman

I would give you a fair price if i can see it?I live in spring lake.Herm

Herm
Herm

Rain Man

Hi Cowman and welcome to the Penton Owners Group website !!
  I purchased a 1977 GS400 Penton last year for 1500 bucks and it was a beauty !!  It didn't have the enduro kit, and just needed the usuals: tires,air filters ... cosmetically very well kept and presumably owned by a little ole lady, so the previous owner said, and you know what ? I believe him !!  Hold the heck on boy !!:D

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

cowman

Thanks for your input...mine is missing the original tank..it has a large aftermarket plastic one on it...but the bike is fairly clean.      Cowman
Quotequote:Originally posted by Rain Man

Hi Cowman and welcome to the Penton Owners Group website !!
  I purchased a 1977 GS400 Penton last year for 1500 bucks and it was a beauty !!  It didn't have the enduro kit, and just needed the usuals: tires,air filters ... cosmetically very well kept and presumably owned by a little ole lady, so the previous owner said, and you know what ? I believe him !!  Hold the heck on boy !!:D

Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Big Mac

I bought a '77 400 MC-5 last year that was all original with manuals and a file of info, from the original owner, in very good, low-hours shape. Bone stock except for a GEM Reed setup and air caps on the forks, needed tires and a bit of elbow grease, but otherwise a tight runner...paid $1450.

On the other hand, a friend bought a '77 250 MC-5, beat pretty hard, left out in the weather, not running, for $250. Yours is probably somewhere in between there, I'd guess.;)
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR