A Penton sandwich

Started by tomale, March 22, 2005, 10:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomale

Last saturday was the monthly race at woodlands. Sounds like a great place to race... It is! The track was great. Under the trees it stayed just a little muddy but not enough to cause any real trouble. The bike ran great all day, I did have to do a pilot change and I raised the needle one notch... it had gotten warm enough that it was leaning out. Second moto of the day. I was in second place in my class and the guy in first was 4 or 5 bike lengths in front of me. He kept pulling me on the long straights but I would catch him in the tight stuff... He would say later that he was frustated that I could easily cut underneith him.... Any way, Last lap and only a few corners left to go. The guy leading the points is in 4th place. AS we head for a right had sweeper that is banked pretty well I head for the inside and pull up right next to him.... all of a sudden comes a honda... 125 expert that muscles in underneith me and forces me out. I do my best to hold him off but he manages to get a wheel infront of me. He can't hold his line and pushes me outside. This pushes on the guy that is on the outside of me and I am caught in the middle. A Penton Sandwich. The guy on the outside can not go any further out because he hits an inbankment. I can not do anything else and the honda hits my front wheel sending me over the handlebars. I do a forward roll and jump to my feet. My buddies see the whole thing and come running expecting me to be really hurt. to my amazement I am fine, with the exception of a few buises. I run back to the bike, and on the second kick it fires to life. But the points leader goes by as I hear the bike ring and he is by me. I catch him but it is too late and I have ran out of time to pass. I finish the day with a 3rd over all. I was pretty upset by the whole thing, but I quess that is racing!
The honda guy did come find me and apologize. he said he knew it was the last lap and He had been following us for several laps and could not resist the temptation to see if he could pass us both. I guess I would not have mind if he was in our class..... Got to give it to him though for being the man and at least attempting to make it right.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
78' 400 MC5
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Mick Milakovic

Thom - Like I said in an earlier post:  looks like those gymnastics lessons are finally paying off :D

Mick

Mick Milakovic

Thom - Like I said in an earlier post:  looks like those gymnastics lessons are finally paying off :D

Mick

tomale

Yep,:D Evidently I am still in the recovery mode. When I got home from the races I was black and blue below the knee on the right leg, the bruising is gone but I must have did something else to my leg, it still gets swollen when I am on it for too long, but that continues to be less and less of a problem. So before too long I should be ready for anything.... well maybe not anything... The next race is this Saturday and if the weather holds the way it is suppose to.... we could see some mud....:D I seem to do better in the mud... which does not make sense since growing up where I did there was alot more hard pack clay than real mud. The corners would get so hard that there would be blue steaks to mark the groove. and slick... when that stuff get wet it is slicker than ... you fill in the blanks.

76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
78' 400 MC5
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W