ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR INSURANCE COMPANIES

Started by PJM, July 05, 2001, 11:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PJM

I am looking to insure my 1975 Penton, any suggestions for insurance companies that will insure this vintage bike.  My insurance agent told me today that they don't insure vintage bikes and that I would need to locate an insurance company that does.

pjm
Pat Mickevicius

OUCWBOY

I'm in the same boat here in San Diego.  I own 7 Pentons and can't find anyone who will insure them.  Please help!

Donny
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Don Roth

I was able to insure my '74 SixDay thru
Erie insurance, required in Ohio for registration, around $100.00 /yr.

ktmkirk

Try J.C.Taylor Insurance,,they specialize in Hot Rods, Antique cars etc. I have all my Pentons insured with them and they are reasonable.  They can be reached at 800-345-8290,,I believe I talked with Susan Forte...Kirk Sessions

Kip Kern

I have all of my Penton's insured through State Farm, fire and theft, very reasonable rates.  This can be done if you have a great agent.  I know of other agents from the same company who will not give you the time of day as they aren't making a killing off of you!

Mike Lenz

KTMKirk, I talked to them today and they told me that the bike has to be 100% stock for them to insure, not even aftermarket shocks? Got any idea on what gives here? Do you have ins with them? Also Does anyone know what town Erie Ins is in, or have an adr or fhone?
Thanks

jj

I recently took out a policy with INTEGON who is now owned by GMAC out of NC (I don't think it's the car company, but who knows these days). The web site is //www.integon.com it gives some good info plus shows the states they insure. They let me insure my '98 KTM 200 E/XC for dual sport use and '72 Jackpiner for theft. They did ask for a a photo of the Jackpiner.

John Slivka

John J Slivka

Bob Andersohn

I have my 3 Pentons insured with Progressive Northwestern Insurance Co.
Phone # 1-800-436-7077. They required photographs and an appraisal. A letter from a knowledgable area dealer sufficed for the appraisal.

OUCWBOY

I have Allstate for my truck and trailer. They won't even give me the time of day on the bikes.  Think I'll change companies.
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR