Wanted Head for 72 Jackpiner Black Engine

Started by KJDonovan, April 02, 2005, 11:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJDonovan

Looking for a head for a 72 JackPiner.  The one I have got trashed when the previous owner blew the top and bottom end, leaving the area around the domed portion of the head filled with little pieces of the rings and deep pits.  I am looking for something with no broken fins, a few bent are ok I can fix that, and a good plug hole (ie not stripped I dont want to put a heli-coil in).  If anyone has something like this please drop me an email [email protected]

Thanks,

KD

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

Rocket

KD
There is a used head on Ebay right now.  Item number 4539797774, it is for a 74 but they were all the same from 72 to 76.
Rocket

Rain Man

Rocket one more question, If the cylinder heads were the same for the black and the silver 175 KTM mills, are the cylinders interchangeable ??  I know theres a long skirt and a short skirted piston ...

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Rocket

The black engines and the silver engines with 7 cylindar fins are the same.  The newer style, like the GS6 and MC5 bikes had a 6 fin cylindar that uses the shorter piston.  I believe the piston is aobut 10-12mm shorter in the 6 fin cylindar.
Rocket

G Ellis

Raymond, Yes you can interchange the cylinders, you have to change the studs to the shorter style and use the shorter piston. Penton had a service bulletin on this subject,I can send you a copy if you need one. Hope this will help.

john durrill

G_Ellis,
 Could you send me that article, either buy snail mail or email please?
 I can post it in the library so other folks could use it when needed.
 Thank you,
John D.

joyanne clark garvey

I have a mid 70's jackpiner that you can buy for a parts bike$500

Quotequote:Originally posted by KJDonovan

Looking for a head for a 72 JackPiner.  The one I have got trashed when the previous owner blew the top and bottom end, leaving the area around the domed portion of the head filled with little pieces of the rings and deep pits.  I am looking for something with no broken fins, a few bent are ok I can fix that, and a good plug hole (ie not stripped I dont want to put a heli-coil in).  If anyone has something like this please drop me an email [email protected]

Thanks,

KD

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island