Help needed

Started by TGTech, April 11, 2005, 08:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGTech

I'm working on a pipe for a 175 MC-5, and I had to cut the muffler and about 1 1/2" off the rear of the pipe to do some dent repair. Now I need to find someone that has a bike and some fabrication capabilities.

Once I have the dents out of the muffler, I need to weld the rear of the pipe back together, and since I don't have a machine on which to do the fitting, I'm wondering if there is anybody out there who might be willing to help me accomplish this task.

If anybody has one of these bikes, the capability to do some welding, and is willing to help, send me a private message.

Dane Leimbach

tlanders

Dane,

I would help if I could but I don't think I have the right bike. My MC5 is a 1978 and it is a 250. If yours is a 1978 and the 175 and 250 exhaust manifolds are in the same place, I would be happy to help.

Teddy

TGTech

Thanks Teddy. Unfortunately, I thought that it needed to be a 175, but according to the parts books, I see that the 125 and 175 use the same pipe, so I guess I could use a 125 or a 175. But a 250 has the wrong manifold size and position.

Dane

scott brogan

Come on Dane you know I weld and fab on that type of stuff. I don't have a 175 Mc-5  but I have a 250 that can't be that different
I will give you a call tomorrow and we'll get cracking on that project.

Scott[8D]