'97 KTM Jackpiner 200LE.. on ebay 4/3/05

Started by bkinnon, April 03, 2005, 10:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkinnon

I saw this bike on ebay that I thought might be of interest to someone here. It is listed as a '98, but it is a '97. It looks good, although the kick stand is not there. Seems to be cheap with the buy it now pricing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4540353423&category=50022

Downeast Pentons- Central Division

HD Raidel

It does seem awfully inexpensive... i signed on here to see if anyone else thought so.... lets see... one of how many?   (and what am I going to do with it?

Sometimes the only mark you leave in life is in your shorts...
Sometimes the only mark you leave in life is in your shorts...

OUCWBOY

If I had the $$$$$ I would have bought it!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

imported_n/a

Strange isn't it?? If I had another grand in my pocket I'd have bought it last week at the buy now price. Any other thoughts on this one? Is it because it's more of a saver than a rider?

critter

generalbay

Hey guys, I seen it, too. I already have one and I thought for that price I wouldn't mind having two. But, after closer inspection of his pictures and him listing it as a 98 model and not listing the vin #, I had some questions. So I emailed him - twice, and received no reply to my questions. With him being some type of cycle dealer it all leads me to beleive this bike is a clone and not the real thing. It's a pretty bike even if it is a clone but I just wanted to warn anyone who was thinking they would be getting a real anniversary bike that this one may not be the real mccoy. Hope this helps. Dave Duval

bkinnon

I also emailed some questions with no reply. I had asked if the limited edition extras came with the bike like the shirts, mugs etc., why the kick stand was missing, and if he had purchased the second set of plastic that was available. I have one and would have bought this one had it been authenticated. I bought mine used in 2000 and it came with a box of nice stuff, documentation, and extra plastic. I also assumed this was a '98 cloned with blue plastic.
Bill

bkinnon

OUCWBOY

I too had asked those questions and didn't recieve a single reply. Makes you wonder why ebayers don't answer questions. I know that I get tons of questions on some of the things I list, and sometimes I don't know the answer, but at least I answer and tell them I don't know.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Keithuu

I think you guys may be right about the bike being a clone. Between the missing sidestand and the inner rear fender/taillight (I'm pretty sure the 'Piner was an EXC model), it looks a bit suspicious. I also didn't get a response to my queries on these issues.

I recall seeing a post somewhere discussing the Jackpiner which claimed that due to heavy cloning, KTM was making blue plastic and appropriate decals "difficult" to obtain without proper dovcumentation, whatever that means, but that sounds like another urban legend.

As Dad said, "If it looks too good to be true, ..... etc." [:p]

Keithuu
Keithuu

OUCWBOY

A few years back, a KTM dealer was selling a set of the Jackpiner plastics. If I am not mistaken, there was lots of talk about it here.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

veelab

I ordered a blue front fender for my Jackpiner 200LE and the folks at ktmworld.com did indeed verify my VIN number.

Bernd